Google's HAR Analyzer tool - useful for, well, analyzing HAR (Web-performance files generated by browsers) :-)

Google's HAR Analyzer tool - useful for, well, analyzing HAR (Web-performance files generated by browsers) :-)

Stephen Donner-2
Hey all -

Among other Web-performance tools, you might find Google's "HAR
Analyzer" tool pretty useful:
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/har_analyzer/

As an example, after generating a sample of your network/page-load
requests/responses (Tools -> Web Developer -> Network, in Firefox), you
can context-click on a request in the listbox, and choose "Save all as
HAR," and then either share and/or analyze them using the above webpage,
which allows for nice presentation/filtering/sorting, etc.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

- Stephen

Re: Google's HAR Analyzer tool - useful for, well, analyzing HAR (Web-performance files generated by browsers) :-)

Dave Hunt-3
Thanks Stephen. Some day soon we should have a hack session on how to get HAR files into the HTML reports for our functional UI tests. :)

> On 9 Mar 2016, at 22:12, Stephen Donner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey all -
>
> Among other Web-performance tools, you might find Google's "HAR Analyzer" tool pretty useful: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/har_analyzer/
>
> As an example, after generating a sample of your network/page-load requests/responses (Tools -> Web Developer -> Network, in Firefox), you can context-click on a request in the listbox, and choose "Save all as HAR," and then either share and/or analyze them using the above webpage, which allows for nice presentation/filtering/sorting, etc.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Stephen

Re: Google's HAR Analyzer tool - useful for, well, analyzing HAR (Web-performance files generated by browsers) :-)

Moin Shaikh
Cool idea!

I would be waiting for that day to come :)

Moin.