Google front page

Bob

Google front page

Bob
Suddenly nothing happens when I click on the little grid of dots on Firefox's
(10.1.11) front page. It used to bring up a splash window of Google apps. Am I
alone or do other people find this?

Bpb

Re: Google front page

David T. Johnson
Firefox 10 does not bring up the splash page unless you cut and paste
the link.

--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and Sea Monkey 1.5a

Re: Google front page

Barbara-46
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 19:25:46 UTC, Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Suddenly nothing happens when I click on the little grid of dots on Firefox's
> (10.1.11) front page. It used to bring up a splash window of Google apps. Am I
> alone or do other people find this?
>
> Bpb

Drat!  That just started since I'm sure I clicked directly on the grid
to select Google maps within the last 48 hrs.

I found that you can right click on the grid, choose "Open in new
tab", then click on the tab and it will bring up every "app" Google
can think of.

--
Barbara

Re: Google front page

Dave Yeo-3
Bob wrote:
> Suddenly nothing happens when I click on the little grid of dots on
> Firefox's (10.1.11) front page. It used to bring up a splash window of
> Google apps. Am I alone or do other people find this?
>
> Bpb

You can always test with FF17.05B2 (at github). Has better plugin
support now
Dave

Re: Google front page

Curtis-21
I know we don't get much feedback, dmik any closer to dropping a roll-up
of what's been modified since FF17.05B2?

On 02/18/14 08:30 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>> Suddenly nothing happens when I click on the little grid of dots on
>> Firefox's (10.1.11) front page. It used to bring up a splash window of
>> Google apps. Am I alone or do other people find this?
>>
>> Bpb
>
> You can always test with FF17.05B2 (at github). Has better plugin
> support now
> Dave

Re: Google front page

Curtis-21
I guess I didn't get the memo...  For some reason I thought they
intended to roll-up everything at the FF24-ESR level...

On 02/20/14 07:37 am, Curtis wrote:

> I know we don't get much feedback, dmik any closer to dropping a roll-up
> of what's been modified since FF17.05B2?
>
> On 02/18/14 08:30 pm, Dave Yeo wrote:
>> Bob wrote:
>>> Suddenly nothing happens when I click on the little grid of dots on
>>> Firefox's (10.1.11) front page. It used to bring up a splash window of
>>> Google apps. Am I alone or do other people find this?
>>>
>>> Bpb
>>
>> You can always test with FF17.05B2 (at github). Has better plugin
>> support now
>> Dave

Re: Google front page

Dave Yeo-3
On 02/20/14 04:59 AM, Curtis wrote:
> I guess I didn't get the memo...  For some reason I thought they
> intended to roll-up everything at the FF24-ESR level...

They did comment they were going to jump to the 24ESR level but I guess
they realized that it wasn't so simple so released the 17ESR rather then
spending a bunch of time updating without a new release
Dave

Re: Google front page

Silvan Scherrer-2
Hi

On 20.02.14 19:30, Dave Yeo wrote:
> On 02/20/14 04:59 AM, Curtis wrote:
>> I guess I didn't get the memo... For some reason I thought they
>> intended to roll-up everything at the FF24-ESR level...
>
> They did comment they were going to jump to the 24ESR level but I guess
> they realized that it wasn't so simple so released the 17ESR rather then
> spending a bunch of time updating without a new release
We first decided to have another 17 beta, as we fixed some important stuff.
And to work further an 17 makes no sense anymore. So we will update for
the next beta.

regards
Silvan

> Dave

Re: Google front page

Dave Yeo-3
Silvan Scherrer wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 20.02.14 19:30, Dave Yeo wrote:
>> On 02/20/14 04:59 AM, Curtis wrote:
>>> I guess I didn't get the memo... For some reason I thought they
>>> intended to roll-up everything at the FF24-ESR level...
>>
>> They did comment they were going to jump to the 24ESR level but I guess
>> they realized that it wasn't so simple so released the 17ESR rather then
>> spending a bunch of time updating without a new release
> We first decided to have another 17 beta, as we fixed some important stuff.
> And to work further an 17 makes no sense anymore. So we will update for
> the next beta.

Sorta surprised you didn't update to the last 17ESR as it probably would
not have been hard, at least based on the 10ESR series.
Even we have to worry somewhat about JavaScript vulnabilities
Dave