Getting subdocuments (iframes) using ISimpleDOMNode

Getting subdocuments (iframes) using ISimpleDOMNode

chrisrgriffen
What is the best way to retrieve a subdocument through traversing using ISimpleDOM* interfaces?

Currently, I'm QIing to IAccessible when the node name is an iframe but it only works some of the time (as documented). When I have IAccessible I get the number of children and if there are any I QI to ISimpleDOMDocument and then can get the root of that subdocument from there and traverse using ISimpleDOMNode again.

There is also no NODETYPE_DOCUMENT* types either beyond the root document that I've seen. I'm not sure if this is a bug, not really supported, or if I'm doing it wrong but this is not documented anywhere I've seen.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting subdocuments (iframes) using ISimpleDOMNode

Alexander Surkov
Hi.

ISimpleDOMNode is a deprecated interface and you shouldn't use it
until you considered alternatives in MSAA/IA2. In your case it seems
you can get all subdocuments by simple IAccessible traversal +
accessible role check. ISimpleDOMNode used to traverse the DOM
document, think of it it as you call DOMNode methods.

Thank you.
Alex.