Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

Irwin Greenwald-2
If you are as tired of the idiot's long signature files as I am, there
is a simple way of having the signature deleted and still see almost all
of his messages.

PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
message.  Name the filter
 From contains gwtc
Delete Message
Mark Message as read
OK

You won't see his original message, but you will see any that have
unless - of course - the responder uses OE without QuoteFix.

--
Irwin
EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OF

Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

Jay Garcia
On 20.09.2006 22:32, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> If you are as tired of the idiot's long signature files as I am, there
> is a simple way of having the signature deleted and still see almost all
> of his messages.
>
> PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
> message.  Name the filter
>  From contains gwtc
> Delete Message
> Mark Message as read
> OK
>
> You won't see his original message, but you will see any that have
> unless - of course - the responder uses OE without QuoteFix.

If he'll send me the complete stories I'll post 'em all on the UFAQ and
then he can include just the link in his sig. Or, he can register and
post 'em all hisself ... ;-)

--
Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

Skree
Jay Garcia Spoke Thus and So about This and That:

> On 20.09.2006 22:32, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

Pdrsonally I get a kick out of gwtc's long sigs and wait with bated
breath for the next installments.

I find they provide a needed humourous interlude to tiresome harping and
bickering that takes place on these forums.

I think that it would make more sense to deal with the "Bea-itch"
sessions that take place on the various mozilla support forums.

Kenn

ps. I'm new to these forums but value the information that is passed
along to us newbies.

--
from the bottom of the RockPile

Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

Moz Champion (Dan)
Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> If you are as tired of the idiot's long signature files as I am, there
> is a simple way of having the signature deleted and still see almost all
> of his messages.
>
> PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
> message.  Name the filter
>  From contains gwtc
> Delete Message
> Mark Message as read
> OK
>
> You won't see his original message, but you will see any that have
> unless - of course - the responder uses OE without QuoteFix.

Interesting, what a conundrum.

Okay gwtc has these long signatures which I guess 'bother' you in one
way or another. Maybe because they are wasting space, okay no problem,
you have that right to be annoyed. They ARE annoying.

Many people have made ocmments about them, and posted that they dislike
them in various threada. And you have started his thread as well.

Whats taking up more 'space', his signatures or the arguments pro or con
regarding them?

By my reckoning, this thread, including all the replies, are using up 4
times as much space as gwtc sigs do in a normal day. So much for space
concerns <g>

Okay, maybe its non compliance with the 'norm' of 4 lines in a sig or
less (I've heard that bandied about) - quite interesting, seeing as YOUR
sig is 5 lines <g>.  His at least change from time to time too <g>

Other people, like Philipp use 'overly' large/long signatures as well,
and they dont change from time to time either. Just the same boring
repitition. Useful information perhaps, but do you really need it on
EVERY post?

Besides what do you hope to accomplish by creating this thread? Enough
people have posted about the sigs to gwtc in the various threads so he
is well aware that some (many?) dont appreciate them. Yet he has stated
in quite clear terms that he dont care.

Andrew and his lines, gwtc and his sigs. They aint gonna change, in fact
complining about it just makes it worse.

So what are you going to do if half a dozen, a dozen, heck a hundred
post to this thread, sayiing 'yea, they bother me too' in essence? Ban
him? Take some sort of concerted action link everyone plonking him? You
can do that on your own too.

Oh yea, and somebody is going to complain that I didnt snip right?
Or something else this time. Quite Frankly, I dont give a durn. And
neither does gwtc.

Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

Jay Garcia

Getting rid of Irwin's long and winded whining (WAS: Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature)

mhornyt

Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> If you are as tired of the idiot's long signature files as I am, there
> is a simple way of having the signature deleted and still see almost all
> of his messages.
>
> PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
> message.  Name the filter
>  From contains gwtc
> Delete Message
> Mark Message as read
> OK
>
> You won't see his original message, but you will see any that have
> unless - of course - the responder uses OE without QuoteFix.

If you are as tired of the idiot's long and winded whining as I am,
there is a simple way of killfiling him.

PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
message.  Name the filter
>From #1 contains IrwinDGreenwald
>From #2 contains Irwin
Delete Message
Mark Message as read
OK

Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

squaredancer
On 21.09.2006 05:32, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Irwin
Greenwald to generate the following:? :

>If you are as tired of the idiot's long signature files as I am, there
>is a simple way of having the signature deleted and still see almost all
>of his messages.
>
>PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
>message.  Name the filter
> From contains gwtc
>Delete Message
>Mark Message as read
>OK
>
>You won't see his original message, but you will see any that have
>unless - of course - the responder uses OE without QuoteFix.

yeah - well! akchally tha werst bit is watein fer the conteenoos!

reg

Jay Garcia wrote:

> IMHO, a "signature" is just that, who you are, credentials and such plus
> a related web site. Only takes a max of four lines sometimes less. I
> have yet to see someone's signature in a letter or business communique
> that contains a 15-line joke, maybe I'm missing something in over 47
> years of being in the business community.

Does that mean I am not a who? I have no credentials? <g> maybe I should
list my nobel peace prize and the web page for it?  Thats not a joke btw.

I have seen several of the nature of gwtc signatures over the years.
Usually what happens is that sooner or later they simply get tired of it
and stop doing it.

Perhaps you should get out a bit more Jay and visit some more
'coffee-clatch' type newsgroups a bit more often. All work and no play
you know.

Re: Getting rid of Irwin's long and winded whining (WAS: Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature)

Moz Champion (Dan)
[hidden email] wrote:

> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>> If you are as tired of the idiot's long signature files as I am, there
>> is a simple way of having the signature deleted and still see almost all
>> of his messages.
>>
>> PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
>> message.  Name the filter
>>  From contains gwtc
>> Delete Message
>> Mark Message as read
>> OK
>>
>> You won't see his original message, but you will see any that have
>> unless - of course - the responder uses OE without QuoteFix.
>>

> If you are as tired of the idiot's long and winded whining as I am,
> there is a simple way of killfiling him.
>
> PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
> message.  Name the filter
>>From #1 contains IrwinDGreenwald
>>From #2 contains Irwin
> Delete Message
> Mark Message as read
> OK

Now, THATS a good one!

Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

Alex K.-4
Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>
>> IMHO, a "signature" is just that, who you are, credentials and such plus
>> a related web site. Only takes a max of four lines sometimes less. I
>> have yet to see someone's signature in a letter or business communique
>> that contains a 15-line joke, maybe I'm missing something in over 47
>> years of being in the business community.
>>

> Does that mean I am not a who? I have no credentials? <g> maybe I should
> list my nobel peace prize and the web page for it?  Thats not a joke btw.

Here's my guess:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1988/index.html

# 1988 - United Nations Peacekeeping Forces

--
Alex

Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature

squaredancer
On 22.09.2006 13:03, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Alex to
generate the following:? :

>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>

>>Jay Garcia wrote:
>>

>>>IMHO, a "signature" is just that, who you are, credentials and such plus
>>>a related web site. Only takes a max of four lines sometimes less. I
>>>have yet to see someone's signature in a letter or business communique
>>>that contains a 15-line joke, maybe I'm missing something in over 47
>>>years of being in the business community.
>>>

>>Does that mean I am not a who? I have no credentials? <g> maybe I should
>>list my nobel peace prize and the web page for it?  Thats not a joke btw.
>>

>Here's my guess:
>http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1988/index.html
>
># 1988 - United Nations Peacekeeping Forces

yeah!  as in "depart in peace, or depart in pieces"  8-)

reg

On 22.09.2006 03:27, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> Does that mean I am not a who? I have no credentials? <g> maybe I should
> list my nobel peace prize and the web page for it?  Thats not a joke btw.

No, it means your choice is to not display your creds.

> I have seen several of the nature of gwtc signatures over the years.
> Usually what happens is that sooner or later they simply get tired of it
> and stop doing it.

Unless a big deal is made about it like we're now doing.

> Perhaps you should get out a bit more Jay and visit some more
> 'coffee-clatch' type newsgroups a bit more often. All work and no play
> you know.

Been there done that don't like it. I "get out" but not in news groups.
I get PAID for computer work, I hang out elsewhere.

Alex wrote:

> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>
>>> IMHO, a "signature" is just that, who you are, credentials and such plus
>>> a related web site. Only takes a max of four lines sometimes less. I
>>> have yet to see someone's signature in a letter or business communique
>>> that contains a 15-line joke, maybe I'm missing something in over 47
>>> years of being in the business community.
>>>

>> Does that mean I am not a who? I have no credentials? <g> maybe I should
>> list my nobel peace prize and the web page for it?  Thats not a joke btw.
>
> Here's my guess:
> http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1988/index.html
>
> # 1988 - United Nations Peacekeeping Forces

You guess well <g>

[hidden email] wrote:

> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> > If you are as tired of the idiot's long signature files as I am, there
> > is a simple way of having the signature deleted and still see almost all
> > of his messages.
> >
> > PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
> > message.  Name the filter
> >  From contains gwtc
> > Delete Message
> > Mark Message as read
> > OK
> >
> > You won't see his original message, but you will see any that have
> > unless - of course - the responder uses OE without QuoteFix.
> >

> If you are as tired of the idiot's long and winded whining as I am,
> there is a simple way of killfiling him.
>
> PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
> message.  Name the filter
> >From #1 contains IrwinDGreenwald
> >From #2 contains Irwin
> Delete Message
> Mark Message as read
> OK

I'll take it one step further.  Instead of that idiot whining like a
baby about a posters sig files being too long, if that idiot had a
brain, then he'd know there are two ways of removing sig files from his
view.  One is to use quotecolors: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/ or the
other is to put the following script into the userContent.css file:

/*  remove the sig files from other posters */
.moz-txt-sig, .moz-signature {
  display: none !important;
}

but, he's just too stupid to figure those out.  Some Mozilla Champion
he is: http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org/members.html

[hidden email] wrote:

> I'll take it one step further.  Instead of that idiot whining like a
> baby about a posters sig files being too long, if that idiot had a
> brain, then he'd know there are two ways of removing sig files from his
> view.  One is to use quotecolors: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/ or the
> other is to put the following script into the userContent.css file:
>
> /*  remove the sig files from other posters */
> .moz-txt-sig, .moz-signature {
>   display: none !important;
> }
>
> but, he's just too stupid to figure those out.  Some Mozilla Champion
> he is: http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org/members.html

Or perhaps you are too stupid to realize I don't care to give up all
sigs for the sake of one jerk who insists on violating accepted network
etiquette.  Anticipating your next diatribe, I refer you to
http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html.

[hidden email] wrote:

> I'll take it one step further.  Instead of that idiot whining like a
> baby about a posters sig files being too long, if that idiot had a
> brain, then he'd know there are two ways of removing sig files from his
> view.  One is to use quotecolors: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/ or the
> other is to put the following script into the userContent.css file:
>
> /*  remove the sig files from other posters */
> .moz-txt-sig, .moz-signature {
>   display: none !important;
> }
>
> but, he's just too stupid to figure those out.  Some Mozilla Champion
> he is: http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org/members.html

LOL  Drunk or sticky finger?

--
Irwin
EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OF
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page
Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Re: Getting rid of Irwin's long and winded whining (WAS: Re: Getting rid of gwtc's long signature)

Mumia W..
On 09/21/2006 05:11 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> If you are as tired of the idiot's long and winded whining as I am,
> there is a simple way of killfiling him.
>
> PLONK him: right click on his From address; click on create filter from
> message.  Name the filter
>>From #1 contains IrwinDGreenwald
>>From #2 contains Irwin
> Delete Message
> Mark Message as read
> OK

Do you mean like this?
http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/afilter.png

On 23.09.2006 00:36, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> Or perhaps you are too stupid to realize I don't care to give up all
> sigs for the sake of one jerk who insists on violating accepted network
> etiquette.  Anticipating your next diatribe, I refer you to
> http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html.

I agree, why jump through hoops to satisfy one situation. Net'etiquette
is in place just in case users should happen to comply. Name calling,
eg., "stupid" is far worse than a 15-line sig IMHO.

Jay Garcia wrote:
> Name calling, eg., "stupid" is far worse than a 15-line sig IMHO.

Hey, he started it by calling someone an idiot.  So whats the
difference?  He calls someone an idiot and I get trashed for calling
him stupid.  Is it because he still IS a Mozilla Champion and you're
just sticking up for him?