Gecko Rendering Testing

Tim Keenan
Greetings,

One of the things we could really use going forward is a way to test
Gecko's rendering of websites (forms, ARIA, etc.) with different a11y
technologies.  Testing a multitude of sites with every a11y app out
there is obviously a tall order.  Has there ever been any work done in
the area of scripting automated tests that can determine whether any
given a11y app is getting the propper info from Gecko?

I think there was someone over in China working on this, but I seem to
have lost their contact info.

-Tim

Re: Gecko Rendering Testing

A Nagappan
Hi,

You mean this work ? http://ldtp-soc.blogspot.com/2007/06/finally-10.html FF3.0 automation using Linux Desktop Testing Project (LDTP), as part of SoC'07 under Mozilla organization.

Thanks
Nagappan

--
Nagappan A <[hidden email]>
Linux Desktop Testing Project - http://ldtp.freedesktop.org

Novell, Inc.
SUSE® Linux Enterprise 10
Your Linux is ready™
http://www.novell.com/linux

>>> Tim Keenan <[hidden email]> 07/24/07 7:55 AM >>>
Greetings,

One of the things we could really use going forward is a way to test
Gecko's rendering of websites (forms, ARIA, etc.) with different a11y
technologies.  Testing a multitude of sites with every a11y app out
there is obviously a tall order.  Has there ever been any work done in
the area of scripting automated tests that can determine whether any
given a11y app is getting the propper info from Gecko?

I think there was someone over in China working on this, but I seem to
have lost their contact info.

-Tim

Re: Gecko Rendering Testing

Ginn Chen
Hi Tim,

We run tinderbox page load test on Solaris with a11y feature on.
We caught several crashes in this way.

We considered to run Orca behind while doing page load test.
But we don't have a script to verify if the a11y app is getting the
proper info yet.

We're interested in this area, and will invest more.

Thanks,

Ginn

On Jul 24, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Tim Keenan wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> One of the things we could really use going forward is a way to test
> Gecko's rendering of websites (forms, ARIA, etc.) with different a11y
> technologies.  Testing a multitude of sites with every a11y app out
> there is obviously a tall order.  Has there ever been any work done in
> the area of scripting automated tests that can determine whether any
> given a11y app is getting the propper info from Gecko?
>
> I think there was someone over in China working on this, but I seem to
> have lost their contact info.
>

> -Tim

--------
Ginn Chen