GUC 1.1 now works with ChatZilla

Girish Ramakrishnan
I hacked my extension the other day to work with ChatZilla. GUC helps
you create URLs from text you select. For example, when in ChatZilla you
can select text, right click and search for it on google, look up its
meaning or whatever. I use ChatZilla extensively at work and find it
very useful that I can select bug ids and look them up in our internal
site just by selecting and using the context menu. Its easy to get
addicted to it once you start using it :)

Screenshots/documentation/installation: http://guc.mozdev.org

Chatzilla devs, please let me know if you change the id of the context menu.

Suggestions and comments welcome.

Girish

Re: GUC 1.1 now works with ChatZilla

James Ross
Girish Ramakrishnan wrote:

> I hacked my extension the other day to work with ChatZilla. GUC helps
> you create URLs from text you select. For example, when in ChatZilla you
> can select text, right click and search for it on google, look up its
> meaning or whatever. I use ChatZilla extensively at work and find it
> very useful that I can select bug ids and look them up in our internal
> site just by selecting and using the context menu. Its easy to get
> addicted to it once you start using it :)
>
> Screenshots/documentation/installation: http://guc.mozdev.org
>
> Chatzilla devs, please let me know if you change the id of the context
> menu.
>
> Suggestions and comments welcome.

Oh, cool!

FWIW, the ID of the main area context menu is very unlikely to change,
but perhaps we should keep a list of extensions we know depend on stuff,
just in case.

--
James Ross <[hidden email]>
ChatZilla Developer