GSOC-13

Karna Patel
Hi,
My name is Karna Patel. I am a third year student of DA-IICT,
Gandhinagar. I would like to participate in GSOC-2013 and work on a
new idea under Connexions

. The reason why I am posting this so early is that firstly, I am
completely new to the world of open source projects(so, i would really
appreciate if a mentors could provide some guidelines/ resources/
instructions for me) and secondly, so that I can discuss and refine my
ideas and maybe even start working well in advance.So, I would be
really grateful if the mentors can guide me through this.

I am good at HTML , Css and JavaScript.

Sorry for such a long comment. Looking forward towards a positive reply,

Cheers,
Karna Patel

Re: GSOC-13

Kevin Brosnan
On Monday, February 4, 2013 11:27:48 AM UTC-8, Karna Patel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Karna Patel. I am a third year student of DA-IICT,
>
> Gandhinagar. I would like to participate in GSOC-2013 and work on a
>
> new idea under Connexions
>

> . The reason why I am posting this so early is that firstly, I am
>
> completely new to the world of open source projects(so, i would really
>
> appreciate if a mentors could provide some guidelines/ resources/
>
> instructions for me) and secondly, so that I can discuss and refine my
>
> ideas and maybe even start working well in advance.So, I would be
>
> really grateful if the mentors can guide me through this.
>

> I am good at HTML , Css and JavaScript.
>

> Sorry for such a long comment. Looking forward towards a positive reply,
>

> Cheers,
>
> Karna Patel

GSOC participating organizations won't be announced till late into March. We cannot know if Mozilla is accepted until then.

You can check out the following wiki for information on accepted ideas and proposed ideas from past years. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode12 play with the year digits to see the previous years.

Knowing the Mozilla development ecosystem is always a good thing to demonstrate. You can find documentation about it at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Introduction

Kevin