-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Scheduling a trunk alpha
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:05:40 -0700
From: Jonas Sicking <[hidden email]>
References: <[hidden email]>
There are a few things that I think are important.
First of all I'm worried about confusion if we release a FF 3 alpha
before FF 2 is out the door. However, this problem would be lessened a
lot, or even go away, if we name the release something other then
"Firefox 3 alpha".
Second, I think we need to make sure we get the right people to download
and test this thing. We have had a problem in the past with people not
testing heavily until it's too late to actually fix bad regressions.
Unfortunately I don't really have a good answer to this one, other than
possibly saying "don't spend time on too many alphas that don't get
heavy testing anyway". Really, do we get a lot of people testing alphas
that aren't already testing nightlies?
Lastly, I think deciding on an aimed release date is the first thing we
should do since without that anything we do is likely too early or too
late. We probably don't need to hammer out an exact date, but within a
month or two seems resonable.