[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: L10n tool]]

Sabine Cretella

-------- Original Message --------

I forgot: the advantage would be that OmegaT creates a Translation
Memory and the second time someone uses OmegaT for localisation things
that remain the same will be automatically translated so the translator
only has to check if things are correct (sometimes it happens that the
same term needs to be translated differently depending on where it is used).

Ciao, Sabine

Rod Whiteley wrote:

> Sabine Cretella wrote:
>
>> ...I am not a programmer, but just a localiser working with very
>> different sourcecode files...
>

> Could OmegaT be used to translate Mozilla interfaces?  Would it have
> advantages?  If it's just a matter of file formats, there are
> programmers here...

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: L10n tool]]

Rod Whiteley
Sabine Cretella wrote:
> ...another filter is needed. These filters can be programmed...

Hi Sabine,

Yes, I can understand the advantage of the translation memory.

Now I think it is better not to put Mozilla-specific stuff in OmegaT.
So I am thinking of a separate tool, as I described in the other thread
here.  I hope you will let me know what you think about it.

--
Rod Whiteley