Frequent updates

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Frequent updates

The Real Bev
I've been on the beta cycle for a couple of major updates.  It seems
like the betas for 65 and 66 are coming almost every day now.  WTF?  A
new QC person with high standards?  New hires selected for incompetence?
  Something else?

--
Cheers, Bev
    "A complete lack of evidence is the surest sign
     that the conspiracy is working."   -- Tanuki
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Frequent updates

WaltS48-9
On 2/1/19 5:20 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> I've been on the beta cycle for a couple of major updates.  It seems
> like the betas for 65 and 66 are coming almost every day now.  WTF?  A
> new QC person with high standards?  New hires selected for incompetence?
>   Something else?
>


If you are using Firefox 65 beta, the first release (65.0b3) was Tuesday
and 65.0b4 was released today.

Firefox 65.0b1 and b2 are the developer edition released on Tuesday and
Friday last week.

Betas are built on Monday and Thursday, released on Tuesday and Friday.
It's been that way for years.

Use a release version which gets updated every six to eight weeks
(unless a chemspill update is needed) if you don't want frequent updates.

I use the Nightly which updates twice a day.

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Frequent updates

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 2/1/2019
3:17 PM:
>
> I use the Nightly which updates twice a day.
>
Hmm, I can't put my finger on it but something seems amiss when reading
that :-)

--
Sailfish
Rare Mozilla Stuff: http://tinyurl.com/z86x3sg
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Frequent updates

Daniel-2
Sailfish wrote on 2/02/2019 3:36 PM:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 2/1/2019
> 3:17 PM:
>>
>> I use the Nightly which updates twice a day.
>>
> Hmm, I can't put my finger on it but something seems amiss when reading
> that :-)
>
Shouldn't they be called 'Nightlys' and 'Morninglys' or some such?? ;-)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Frequent updates

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 2/2/2019
2:51 AM:

> Sailfish wrote on 2/02/2019 3:36 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>> 2/1/2019 3:17 PM:
>>>
>>> I use the Nightly which updates twice a day.
>>>
>> Hmm, I can't put my finger on it but something seems amiss when
>> reading that :-)
>>
> Shouldn't they be called 'Nightlys' and 'Morninglys' or some such?? ;-)
>
Even Twicely Nightlys to also remove the misleading 'twice a day' part? :-D

--
Sailfish
Rare Mozilla Stuff: http://tinyurl.com/z86x3sg
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Frequent updates

WaltS48-9
In reply to this post by Sailfish-4
On 2/1/19 11:36 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 2/1/2019
> 3:17 PM:
>>
>> I use the Nightly which updates twice a day.
>>
> Hmm, I can't put my finger on it but something seems amiss when reading
> that :-)
>

"Firefox Nightly now gets updated twice a day so as to help our
communities in EMEA and Asia regions to catch regressions and report
them during the Americas night."

REF: <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/57.0a1/releasenotes/>

Try keeping up with Thunderbird Daily, which the developers call nightly
and only updates once a day. Unless there is a respin.

If there is a respin of Firefox Nightly, there might be 3 updates a day.



--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Frequent updates

Daniel-2
In reply to this post by Sailfish-4
Sailfish wrote on 3/02/2019 2:53 AM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 2/2/2019
> 2:51 AM:
>> Sailfish wrote on 2/02/2019 3:36 PM:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>>> 2/1/2019 3:17 PM:
>>>>
>>>> I use the Nightly which updates twice a day.
>>>>
>>> Hmm, I can't put my finger on it but something seems amiss when
>>> reading that :-)
>>>
>> Shouldn't they be called 'Nightlys' and 'Morninglys' or some such?? ;-)
>>
> Even Twicely Nightlys to also remove the misleading 'twice a day' part? :-D
>
... and, of course, as Walt48 points out, what is night to you might be
day to me, and vice versa!! ;-P

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Frequent updates

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 2/2/2019
11:27 PM:

> Sailfish wrote on 3/02/2019 2:53 AM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 2/2/2019
>> 2:51 AM:
>>> Sailfish wrote on 2/02/2019 3:36 PM:
>>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>>>> 2/1/2019 3:17 PM:
>>>>>
>>>>> I use the Nightly which updates twice a day.
>>>>>
>>>> Hmm, I can't put my finger on it but something seems amiss when
>>>> reading that :-)
>>>>
>>> Shouldn't they be called 'Nightlys' and 'Morninglys' or some such?? ;-)
>>>
>> Even Twicely Nightlys to also remove the misleading 'twice a day'
>> part? :-D
>>
> ... and, of course, as Walt48 points out, what is night to you might be
> day to me, and vice versa!! ;-P
>
+1

--
Sailfish
Rare Mozilla Stuff: http://tinyurl.com/z86x3sg
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general