Form elements in accessibility strings

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
Hi all,

While going through the latest accessibility strings in Firefox
devtools (devtools/client/accessibility.ftl resource), many strings
take the following form:

"<code>fieldset</code> elements must be labeled."

But then I find a:

"Form elements must be labeled."

Is "Form" here referring to the `form` element, or rather to the
collection of form elements like e.g. `form`, `input`, `label`, etc.?

If it's the former, then a `<code>form</code>` would be preferable I
guess. Otherwise an explanatory comment wouldn't hurt.

Can someone please clarify this? Thanks in advance!

Julen.

Re: Form elements in accessibility strings

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
I believe that's "elements in a form", not "<form> elements"; but I
asked the developer to confirm, and I'll get back to you.

Francesco

Il giorno gio 29 ago 2019 alle ore 09:20 Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> While going through the latest accessibility strings in Firefox
> devtools (devtools/client/accessibility.ftl resource), many strings
> take the following form:
>
> "<code>fieldset</code> elements must be labeled."
>
> But then I find a:
>
> "Form elements must be labeled."
>
> Is "Form" here referring to the `form` element, or rather to the
> collection of form elements like e.g. `form`, `input`, `label`, etc.?
>
> If it's the former, then a `<code>form</code>` would be preferable I
> guess. Otherwise an explanatory comment wouldn't hurt.
>
> Can someone please clarify this? Thanks in advance!
>
> Julen.

Re: Form elements in accessibility strings

yzenevich
On Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 3:43:27 AM UTC-4, Francesco Lodolo wrote:

> I believe that's "elements in a form", not "<form> elements"; but I
> asked the developer to confirm, and I'll get back to you.
>
> Francesco
>
> Il giorno gio 29 ago 2019 alle ore 09:20 Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > While going through the latest accessibility strings in Firefox
> > devtools (devtools/client/accessibility.ftl resource), many strings
> > take the following form:
> >
> > "<code>fieldset</code> elements must be labeled."
> >
> > But then I find a:
> >
> > "Form elements must be labeled."
> >
> > Is "Form" here referring to the `form` element, or rather to the
> > collection of form elements like e.g. `form`, `input`, `label`, etc.?
> >
> > If it's the former, then a `<code>form</code>` would be preferable I
> > guess. Otherwise an explanatory comment wouldn't hurt.
> >
> > Can someone please clarify this? Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Julen.

Yes, I now realize the wording is a but confusing, it's indeed "elements in a form" such as input, textarea, button etc.

Thanks