Forcing Active Perl over cygwin Perl

kstevenson
I am running Bugzilla 2.18 on Windows. Everything was going great until
I decided to install cygwin for an add on on my developent/test machine
(Windows XP).

Now, my bugzilla test instance calls the cygwin perl instead of the
Active Perl with all it's modules that I installed for Bugzilla. I ran
a little debugging and found that the variable ^O in checksetup.pl
(when checking for the modules) contains cygwin:

print "\nChecking perl modules ...\n" unless $silent;
if ($^O =~ /MSWin32/i) {.....

Can anyone tell me where and how ^O is set and how I could force
bugzilla to use the ActivePerl again? I don't want to hard code it into
checksetup.pl unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help!

  -- Karin

Re: Forcing Active Perl over cygwin Perl

Marc Schumann
Karin,

23 May 2005 08:57:58 -0700, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
> Now, my bugzilla test instance calls the cygwin perl instead of the
> Active Perl with all it's modules that I installed for Bugzilla. I ran
> a little debugging and found that the variable ^O in checksetup.pl
> (when checking for the modules) contains cygwin:

it's the other way round -- ^O shows which perl is being used, it
doesn't tell which perl to use.

I think the most easy way for you might be to swap the ActiveState
perl and cygwin directories in your PATH variable and reboot.

   Kind regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

Re: Forcing Active Perl over cygwin Perl

kstevenson
That did it!

Boy, do I feel stupid right now....

Thanks for your quick help, Marc!