Focus iOS: new strings out

Delphine L
Hi everyone,

It's been a couple cycles that Focus iOS didn't get new strings so just a
heads-up that it just did. Just like Focus Android, it's on a 2 week
release cycle so it's easy to get your work and updates shipping quickly.

Here's the details:
New strings: 7
Deleted: 6
Total: 114

Heads-up that, like Focus Android already has, there will now be intro
slides before the app launches. Since they are the first thing the user
will see, it's probably a good idea if your locale is shipping that they
appear localized ;)

As usual, you can check your work on the test builds or using screenshots.

thanks everyone!

--
Delphine

Re: Focus iOS: new strings out

Eduardo Trápani
> Heads-up that, like Focus Android already has, there will now be intro
> slides before the app launches.
[...]
 > As usual, you can check your work on the test builds or using
screenshots.

Will we get also have screenshots of those intro slides?

By the way, I think there might be a problem with the string "your
history is history". As I understand it, in Focus context, it means
"destroyed forever" but I fear it's being translated as "no longer
relevant, a thing of the past", which doesn't necessarily imply it's
obliterated.

Being such an important piece of what Focus does, I think a comment on
the meaning might help translators get it right.

Eduardo.

Re: Focus iOS: new strings out

Michael Wolf-2
Eduardo Trápani schrieb:

> By the way, I think there might be a problem with the string "your
> history is history". As I understand it, in Focus context, it means
> "destroyed forever" but I fear it's being translated as "no longer
> relevant, a thing of the past", which doesn't necessarily imply it's
> obliterated.
>
> Being such an important piece of what Focus does, I think a comment on

Hi Eduardo,

in German we use a similar expression: "ist Geschichte" means something
is past now. (historio estas pasinteco.) Here this means that browsing
session history, passwords and cookies are past because they are cleared
now. I think this string belongs to this one:

"Clear your entire browsing session history, passwords, cookies anytime
with a single tap."

Michael

Re: Focus iOS: new strings out

Delphine L
On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Eduardo Trápani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Heads-up that, like Focus Android already has, there will now be intro
>> slides before the app launches.
>>
> [...]
> > As usual, you can check your work on the test builds or using
> screenshots.
>
> Will we get also have screenshots of those intro slides?

Yes that will be coming through very soon.

> By the way, I think there might be a problem with the string "your history
> is history". As I understand it, in Focus context, it means "destroyed
> forever" but I fear it's being translated as "no longer relevant, a thing
> of the past", which doesn't necessarily imply it's obliterated.
>
> Being such an important piece of what Focus does, I think a comment on the
> meaning might help translators get it right.
>
> Eduardo.

Delphine