Focus iOS: change in deadline (sooner!)

Delphine L
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, seems like the deadline we received for Focus completion is wrong by a week :(

Deadline given to us today is now Jan. 19th (instead of Jan 26).

Thankfully, most "priority" locales have already completed this work (only Japanese and Russian aren't complete yet). What's more, Stefan has already generated screenshots for testing (thanks Stefan as always! :D ). So we may be able to still get this out on time for the iOS team to submit.

Given this short notice, let's do things a bit differently this time around for signing-off: if after testing, you *DON'T* want your locale to ship, please reach out to me directly.

You have until Thursday, Jan 19th (one week from now), to let me know.

I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your understanding and patience with all this!

Cheers
delphine

Re: Focus iOS: change in deadline (sooner!)

Leandro Regueiro

> Hello everyone,
>
> Unfortunately, seems like the deadline we received for Focus completion is wrong by a week :(
>
> Deadline given to us today is now Jan. 19th (instead of Jan 26).
>
> Thankfully, most "priority" locales have already completed this work (only Japanese and Russian aren't complete yet). What's more, Stefan has already generated screenshots for testing (thanks Stefan as always! :D ). So we may be able to still get this out on time for the iOS team to submit.
>
> Given this short notice, let's do things a bit differently this time around for signing-off: if after testing, you *DON'T* want your locale to ship, please reach out to me directly.
>
> You have until Thursday, Jan 19th (one week from now), to let me know.
>
> I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> Thanks for your understanding and patience with all this!

Hi,
changed translation deadline date in
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/projects/focus/

Bye

> Cheers
> delphine

Re: Focus iOS: change in deadline (sooner!)

Stefan Arentz-5
Hi Leandro,

Nice dashboard. I am curious how often it is updated because
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webstatus/?product=focus-ios shows a
very different status.

 S.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Stefan Arentz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Leandro,
>
> Nice dashboard. I am curious how often it is updated because
> https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webstatus/?product=focus-ios shows a
> very different status.

Sorry I completely misunderstood that this is just for the locales that are
on locamotion. I thought it was a general status dashboard. Apologies.

 S.

Re: Focus iOS: change in deadline (sooner!)

Leandro Regueiro

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Stefan Arentz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Leandro,
>>
>> Nice dashboard. I am curious how often it is updated because
>> https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webstatus/?product=focus-ios shows a very
>> different status.
>

> Sorry I completely misunderstood that this is just for the locales that are
> on locamotion. I thought it was a general status dashboard. Apologies.

Yes, it is not a dashboard but the actual translation status in
Pootle. There are a number of languages that are not actually
translated in Pootle but in Pontoon yet we still have them there in a
read-only status so they can be used as alternative source languages
for those translators that are not familiar with English. And Pootle
synchronizes translations every hour.

I hope this explanation clarifies the doubts.

Bye