Focus for Android: delaying v1 to extend feature list

Focus for Android: delaying v1 to extend feature list

Delphine L
Hello localizers!

I have some important news concerning Focus for Android: the v1 schedule is
being reconsidered as the mobile team has decided to create an even better
product for the initial launch.

The team is currently considering an extended list of features for v1 and
is in the midst of finalizing it this week, along with all the timelines.
So we'll have a new, concrete deadline next week.

This most surely means we'll get more strings in and more Play Store
content as well - the amount as well as the specific new features will be
shared asap of course. We'll have a clearly defined schedule for l10n as
usual.

While this affects and shifts l10n work it's really exciting to see that
the mobile team is expanding their scope of work for a v1 of Focus on
Android. Hopefully this will mean an even better experience and more impact
from the very start.

As always, if you're interested in trying out Focus for Android (or any
other mobile project as a matter of fact) and testing it, let me know and
I'll get you plugged in.

Stay tuned!

Cheers
--
Delphine

Re: Focus for Android: delaying v1 to extend feature list

Marko Zeka Andrejic
Hello Delphine!

I would like to help with testing Focus for Android.

Is there apk version of Focus for Android to download, like there is for Firefox for Android?

Re: Focus for Android: delaying v1 to extend feature list

Delphine L
Quick update on Focus for Android schedule:
as you see, a batch of new strings just got in, and a next one will arrive
next week. Unless something unexpected comes up, we shouldn't be getting
any more strings after that next batch.

At this point we have a *soft l10n deadline which is June 9th*.
Why soft? Because we're trying to give as much time as possible to
engineers to make this the best Focus release yet. If this date slides a
bit, please be assured whatever the case is, that l10n will have enough
time to turn around.

I'm updating Pontoon and Pootle project deadlines with this new date.

Screenshots for testing should be arriving next week. Shoot me an email if
you want to get access to test builds to test Focus on Android on your
device.

Thanks all!

--
Delphine

Re: Focus for Android: delaying v1 to extend feature list

Mozilla - Localization mailing list
¡Hola Delphine!
I'd like to get access to test builds to test Focus on Android on a device.
¡Gracias!Alex

--
Delphine