Flash 9 Update exposes content to MSAA from Firefox

Flash 9 Update exposes content to MSAA from Firefox

bhawkeslewis
I hadn't noticed this discussed anywhere else but a quick test with the
www.jkrowling.com site indicates that the Flash 9 Update now in beta
exposes Flash content to MSAA (and so to screen readers, etc.) in
Firefox on Windows. (Rather cryptically, given that MSAA has been used
from the ActiveX plugin for years, the change list calls this: "Support
for Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA) in the Windows plug-in."). If
you want to check it out, the beta can be obtained from:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/

Now we just need to sort out those pesky tabbing issues, and see if we
can persuade Adobe to implement AT-SPI support. ;)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

Re: Flash 9 Update exposes content to MSAA from Firefox

aurelien.levy@gmail.com
And the NSAccessibility protocol for OSX support

[hidden email] wrote:
 > And the NSAccessibility protocol for OSX support

Absolutely, for use with WebKit-based browsers and VoiceOver. But
Mozilla likewise needs to add working support for Universal Access, so
while I think it's important I didn't think here was the most
appropriate venue for whinging at Adobe for that too. ;)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

Re: Flash 9 Update exposes content to MSAA from Firefox

Aaron Leventhal-3
Great news!

- Aaron