Fix loss of session/"recently closed tabs" after a crash

Fix loss of session/"recently closed tabs" after a crash

Mozilla - Thunderbird mailing list
Hi all,

I hope it's ok for me to post this here.

Thunderbird recently crashed for me and I lost my session/tabs. This is frustrating because many of the tabs were emails which contained important content which I needed to access at a later date - many of the emails also were from year ago and there is little hope me remembering and locating the specific emails in question once again (needles in haystacks). The session.json file is that of the session after the crash and is therefore of no use. Given that Firefox has the functionality to restore previous sessions and tabs, tt seems like this is a big oversight for Thunderbird. It is hugely useful funtionality in FF and, I'm sure, has saved countless people many times from data loss.

Is there anyone here who is aware of any add-on which can bridge this gap? If not, it would be greatly appreciated by many in the community if session/tabs restore functionality is implemented in Thunderbird.

Any help/pointers/information would be much appreciated.

Re: Fix loss of session/"recently closed tabs" after a crash

Wayne Mery
On 11/24/2017 6:18 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I hope it's ok for me to post this here.
>
> Thunderbird recently crashed for me and I lost my session/tabs. This is frustrating because many of the tabs were emails which contained important content which I needed to access at a later date - many of the emails also were from year ago and there is little hope me remembering and locating the specific emails in question once again (needles in haystacks). The session.json file is that of the session after the crash and is therefore of no use. Given that Firefox has the functionality to restore previous sessions and tabs, tt seems like this is a big oversight for Thunderbird. It is hugely useful funtionality in FF and, I'm sure, has saved countless people many times from data loss.
>
> Is there anyone here who is aware of any add-on which can bridge this gap? If not, it would be greatly appreciated by many in the community if session/tabs restore functionality is implemented in Thunderbird.
>
> Any help/pointers/information would be much appreciated.

answered in support newsgroup