Firefox will not load

Bob Shirk
When attempting to load Firefox 1.5 I am stopped by a error note:

"Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections."

I have used earlier versions without difficulty. PLease advise.

Bob

Re: Firefox will not load

gwtc
Bob Shirk wrote:

> When attempting to load Firefox 1.5 I am stopped by a error note:
>
> "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections."
>
> I have used earlier versions without difficulty. PLease advise.
>
> Bob
are you using a proxy of some sort?  I'm assuming you're using FF 1.5,
if so, then look under Tools, Options, General, click on the
Connection Settings button, and fix it there.  If you're not using a
proxy server then select the first one for Direct Connection

Re: Firefox will not load

Bob Shirk
gwtc wrote:

> Bob Shirk wrote:
>
>> When attempting to load Firefox 1.5 I am stopped by a error note:
>>
>> "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
>> connections."
>>
>> I have used earlier versions without difficulty. PLease advise.
>>
>> Bob
>
> are you using a proxy of some sort?  I'm assuming you're using FF 1.5,
> if so, then look under Tools, Options, General, click on the Connection
> Settings button, and fix it there.  If you're not using a proxy server
> then select the first one for Direct Connection

That did it.  Thanks

Bob