Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

benjaminchua69
My FF stalled while filling in some information on a site. This is a lot of text. The spinning pinwheel has been up for over a week. Any way to start up the browser again without losing the text?

Re: Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

Balaco ocalaB
Em 15-04-2018 20:48, [hidden email] escreveu:
> My FF stalled while filling in some information on a site. This is a lot of text. The spinning pinwheel has been up for over a week. Any way to start up the browser again without losing the text?

Maybe. Possibly not. Which OS are you using?

Do you know if the information you filled was submitted by Firefox to
its site? A POST or GET request may help you a lot. But if they were
purely done with javascript, you may have no way of getting it again.

Can you open other FF tabs or windows? Or is FF completely silent and
quiet about what you do with it?

If you can use FF for anything, although that tab is "locked", you can
try to play with developer tools to find the information you want. I
have done that successfully with Twitter mobile pages (the information
there is a GET request that Twitter erases and does not show us anymore,
and I wanted to change just a detail in it - and "back button" in FF
makes it erase what we wrote in the form before we submit). I may detail
it more for you, if this may help you.

If you data is clean somewhere in you computer memory, you may use a
scanner for it. Admin powers in your OS (if linux or win) will probably
be needed to do that. And you may not find it, if you do not search it
the right way. Which way you should search, you may ask. I have no clue
for that. Depends on several things.

Is the form page public? May you show its address to us?

--
=
        quem você é?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

WaltS48-9
On 4/15/18 7:48 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> My FF stalled while filling in some information on a site. This is a lot of text. The spinning pinwheel has been up for over a week. Any way to start up the browser again without losing the text?

Over a week? Wow!

What version of Firefox? If it is 56 you should be able to use Autofill
Address for the address.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatically-fill-address-and-credit-cards>

--
GO PENS!
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

The Real Bev
On 04/16/2018 06:28 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>> My FF stalled while filling in some information on a site. This is
>> a lot of text. The spinning pinwheel has been up for over a week.
>> Any way to start up the browser again without losing the text?
>
> Over a week? Wow!
>
> What version of Firefox? If it is 56 you should be able to use
> Autofill Address for the address.
>
> <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatically-fill-address-and-credit-cards>

Sometimes just reloading the page with the fill-ins works and leaves the
text already entered there;  I conclude that the connection was somehow
broken.  Other sites delete all the entered text as soon as you leave
the page for some reason.  I regard those sites as programmed ineptly.

It's all a crapshoot, but most annoying when you've had to fill in a LOT
of crap.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea:

Re: Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

benjaminchua69
Was posting something on Facebook. Think the memory scanner would work, but it's beyond my budget. Looks like I'll write it again.

Re: Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

GerardJan-12
[hidden email] wrote:
> Was posting something on Facebook. Think the memory scanner would work, but it's beyond my budget. Looks like I'll write it again.

+1

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

GerardJan wrote:
> [hidden email] wrote:
>> Was posting something on Facebook. Think the memory scanner would work, but
>> it's beyond my budget. Looks like I'll write it again.
>>

> +1
Dutch Swing College Band plays "After You've Gone"