Firefox's support for Windows Vista

Marek Jakubiszyn Gazeta.pl
Dear Sir / Madam,

At this moment I represent a group of 455 computer users. I have a very important questions:

1. How long will Firefox support Windows Vista providing updates and security fixes?
2. Generally, what is the latest stable version of Mozilla Firefox and where can I download it?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Kind regards
Marek Jakubiszyn

Re: Firefox's support for Windows Vista

Daniel Veditz-2
On 4/19/16 3:39 AM, Marek Jakubiszyn Gazeta.pl wrote:
> 1. How long will Firefox support Windows Vista providing updates and security fixes?

We don't know. We're still arguing about when to stop supporting Windows
XP users. Presumably after that, but possibly not long after because we
have far fewer Vista users.

Windows Vista is currently out of mainstream support and extended
support ends a year from now
(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle). That's probably
in the ball-park of when we'd drop support.

One option people have discussed is supporting it until Firefox 52
(early 2017). People who still need it after that could switch to
Firefox 52-ESR for about another year of support. That assumes our
tooling would still allow us to build for those versions of Windows at
that date so it's not guaranteed.

> 2. Generally, what is the latest stable version of Mozilla Firefox and where can I download it?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

If you need a language or platform different from what you're using when
you visit you can find others at
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/ (there's a small link on that
page to it).

If you want the Android or iOS versions you should use their respective
official app stores.

-Dan Veditz