Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

EnDeeGee-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

WaltS48-9
On 6/19/19 9:14 AM, EnDeeGee wrote:
>
> https://betanews.com/2019/06/19/firefox-urgent-patch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed+-+bn+-+BetaNews+Latest+News+Articles 
>
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/yyx3lkdf

"If you're a Firefox user, now is the time to update your browser. A
zero-day vulnerability has been discovered which is being actively
exploited in targeted attacks.

The security hole was revealed via Google's Project Zero, and it affects
ALL versions of Firefox. In short, if you have not updated to Firefox
67.0.3 or Firefox ESR 60.7.1, you need to do so right now."

Hmm, *ALL*.

Nah, I'm never updating from (put old version here) because I don't like
the changes Mozilla has made to Firefox and my malware, antivirus and
other security software I have installed protect me.

;>)

Got the update from the Ubuntu repo this morning. Still using Nightly
69.0a1 as my default browser on Linux and Windows.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

Cows are Nice-2
On 06/19/2019 06:28 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> Nah, I'm never updating from (put old version here) because

My Athlon processor doesn't have SSE2

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

WaltS48-9
On 6/20/19 12:43 AM, Cows are Nice wrote:
> On 06/19/2019 06:28 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>
>> Nah, I'm never updating from (put old version here) because
>
> My Athlon processor doesn't have SSE2
>

Must be an antique.

I built this computer seven years ago with an AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana
Triple-Core 3.3 GHz Socket AM3 95W ADX455WFGMBOX Desktop Processor, on a
GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
Motherboard, with G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL for
$219.97.

Added another 4GB of RAM in 2015 for $28.99.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

WaltS48-9
In reply to this post by EnDeeGee-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

The Real Bev
On 06/20/2019 09:57 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/19/19 9:14 AM, EnDeeGee wrote:
>>
>> https://betanews.com/2019/06/19/firefox-urgent-patch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed+-+bn+-+BetaNews+Latest+News+Articles
>>
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/yyx3lkdf
>
> Firefox 67.0.4 and ESR 60.7.2 are out.
>
> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2019-19/>

Updates every few days now?  WTF is happening?

--
Cheers, Bev
    "If God had wanted us to use the metric system,
     Jesus would have had 10 apostles."
                                  - Jesse Helms
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

WaltS48-9
On 6/20/19 1:00 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 06/20/2019 09:57 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 6/19/19 9:14 AM, EnDeeGee wrote:
>>>
>>> https://betanews.com/2019/06/19/firefox-urgent-patch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed+-+bn+-+BetaNews+Latest+News+Articles 
>>>
>>>
>>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/yyx3lkdf
>>
>> Firefox 67.0.4 and ESR 60.7.2 are out.
>>
>> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2019-19/>
>
> Updates every few days now?  WTF is happening?
>

The bad guys are finding security vulnerabilities that affect all
browsers and fast fixes are required.

I use Nightly and get updates twice a day. Maybe more if there is a
respin to fix something they busted in a previous update.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

Cows are Nice-2
In reply to this post by WaltS48-9
On 06/20/2019 07:37 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 6/20/19 12:43 AM, Cows are Nice wrote:
>> On 06/19/2019 06:28 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>
>>> Nah, I'm never updating from (put old version here) because
>>
>> My Athlon processor doesn't have SSE2
>>
>
> Must be an antique.

BIOS date 11/22/2004

That was the latest update. The thing is a year or two older

> I built this computer seven years ago with an AMD Athlon II X3 455
> Rana Triple-Core 3.3 GHz Socket AM3 95W ADX455WFGMBOX Desktop
> Processor, on a GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s
> USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, with G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x
> 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model
> F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL for $219.97.
>
> Added another 4GB of RAM in 2015 for $28.99.

Oh yeah? Well, my pc is a Poison Apple. It was a fad for a while to
build a custom Windows pc in a Mac G4 case.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox needs an urgent firefix!

WaltS48-9
On 6/20/19 4:38 PM, Cows are Nice wrote:

> On 06/20/2019 07:37 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 6/20/19 12:43 AM, Cows are Nice wrote:
>>> On 06/19/2019 06:28 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>
>>>> Nah, I'm never updating from (put old version here) because
>>>
>>> My Athlon processor doesn't have SSE2
>>>
>>
>> Must be an antique.
>
> BIOS date 11/22/2004
>
> That was the latest update. The thing is a year or two older
>
>> I built this computer seven years ago with an AMD Athlon II X3 455
>> Rana Triple-Core 3.3 GHz Socket AM3 95W ADX455WFGMBOX Desktop
>> Processor, on a GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s
>> USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, with G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x
>> 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model
>> F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL for $219.97.
>>
>> Added another 4GB of RAM in 2015 for $28.99.
>
> Oh yeah? Well, my pc is a Poison Apple. It was a fad for a while to
> build a custom Windows pc in a Mac G4 case.

Never heard of that fad.

Mine is in a Coolmax case.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general