Firefox keeps requiring login but IE doesn't

Firefox keeps requiring login but IE doesn't

Mike Hobbs
I've only recently started using Firefox to access Bugzilla.
It keeps asking me to log in over and over again. So I
check its cookies setting and it *should* be allowing all
sites to set cookies and they should stay until they expire.
They are not cleared on exit.  Bugzilla reminds me that I
might continually be asked to log in if I don't set the
browser cookies option correctly.  Well, I've tried (hard)
and can't get it to do what is required.

IE works fine (but I hate it).  Ideas?

--
Mike Hobbs

Re: Firefox keeps requiring login but IE doesn't

Peter Kay
Mike Hobbs wrote:

> I've only recently started using Firefox to access Bugzilla.
> It keeps asking me to log in over and over again. So I
> check its cookies setting and it *should* be allowing all
> sites to set cookies and they should stay until they expire.
> They are not cleared on exit.  Bugzilla reminds me that I
> might continually be asked to log in if I don't set the
> browser cookies option correctly.  Well, I've tried (hard)
> and can't get it to do what is required.
>
> IE works fine (but I hate it).  Ideas?

Possible scenario one:
Bugzilla's cookie path is set to '/'.  This is causing conflicts with
other things on the webserver.  But you don't use IE for anything else
on the webserver, so there's no conflict.

Try clearing *all* cookies in your cache and/or making sure Bugzilly's
path isn't '/'.  It's worth a try, anyway!

--Peter

Re: Firefox keeps requiring login but IE doesn't

dave g-3
I had this same problem. I believe that setting the cookie path in Bugzilla
to /bugzillaweb resolved the issue.

Dave

news:[hidden email]...