Firefox, javascript and dhtml -- overflow:auto breaks

Firefox, javascript and dhtml -- overflow:auto breaks

McGurk
Having a problem trying to make my web page more firefox friendly...  I
have a three-cell (vertical) layout table that contains a div in the
center cell.  The div is filled progmatically via javascript functions,
and is set to use scrollbars when overflowing (overflow:auto).  The
table has three cells stacked vertically;  the top is set to a height
of 10%, the bottom is set to a height of 30%, and the middle has no
neight set.  When the page initially displays, everything is correct.
The div shows scrollbars if the text inside the div overflows.  But if
I progmatically put content in the center cell's div that is larger
than the div, the table layout goes to hell and the center cell
stretches to show the entire contents of the div.  I tried setting the
height of the center cell, but it still doesn't work.  Any hints?  TIA.

Re: Firefox, javascript and dhtml -- overflow:auto breaks

McGurk
A point of clarification...  I can fill the div perfectly, but if I
have a div with overflowing text and scrollbars and then do a refresh
or a postback, the problem crops up.