Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

pierre.courtois
Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a "safer" alternative to the opposition.

But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.

Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Balaco ocalaB
Em 06-02-2018 16:38, [hidden email] escreveu:

> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all
> other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It
> speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a
> "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>
> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource
> hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It
> spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it
> on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole
> system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I
> usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do
> with so many processes.
>
> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast
> reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow,
> bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple
> days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and
> seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something
> nice to use is getting

Was intentional you ending this last sentence in that "getting" word? It
could have a few more words, although this depends on the intention of
what you want to express.

--
=
        quem você é?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

WaltS48-9
On 2/6/18 1:38 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>
> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.
>
> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting

Don't forget to place some blame on the extension developers whose
extensions leak memory. Come on devs, get a grip and plug the memory
leaks in your extensions.

Now, why do you need to keep Firefox on for days?

I like to sleep occasionally, usually every night, quit all
applications, shutdown the computer, turn off the lights and save money
on my utility bill.

I don't have the problem you report.

Tip: There are no devs here that will read your rant. Try
https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

WaltS48-9
On 2/6/18 1:38 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>
> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.
>
> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting

Did you ever consider you may be running a crytpocurrency miner?

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/01/now-even-youtube-serves-ads-with-cpu-draining-cryptocurrency-miners/

On 2/6/18 3:25 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:38:42 PM UTC-5, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>>
>> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.
>>
>> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something more stable.

Come on user, get a grip and learn how to use the application. ;-)

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Jeff Barnett
WaltS48 wrote on 2/6/2018 12:02 PM:

>> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all
>> other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It
>> speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a
>> "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>>
>> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource
>> hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn
>> many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for
>> more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a
>> crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the
>> processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.
>>
>> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable
>> alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece
>> of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a
>> restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at
>> alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting
>
> Don't forget to place some blame on the extension developers whose
> extensions leak memory. Come on devs, get a grip and plug the memory
> leaks in your extensions.
>
> Now, why do you need to keep Firefox on for days?
>
> I like to sleep occasionally, usually every night, quit all
> applications, shutdown the computer, turn off the lights and save money
> on my utility bill.

I too worry about my utility bill. My solution - and I recommend it to
you - is to have my desktops enter S3 sleep state where a total of 6
watts is used to refresh a 64GB memory and maintain system state. I
always knock down my browser after use so I don't enable session long
data leakages. So security might be at risk but surely not money. I
figure that 6 watts for 16 hours a day at 13 cents per kilowatt hour is
less than five dollars a year! Of course you can save that five dollars
by shut down or hibernation. If the latter, you are likely to run into
the problems described above since one doesn't tend to shut down apps
when hibernating.

> I don't have the problem you report.
>
> Tip: There are no devs here that will read your rant. Try
> https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/

The above isn't a rant. FF and TB sold themselves to the public by
making several claims: 1) not MS, 2) responsive to user's needs, 3)
standards compliant, 4) extensions so we could tailor to our liking, 5)
along with 4 implementing many standard browser features through
extensions, 6) light weight, memory efficient, fast, 7) still not MS.
The original poster is simply stating that Mozilla has lost their vision
and think it's the users fault - a view you seem to share.

The problem is trying to make a profit so listening to other than users.
I recall several times in the past years suggesting that I in particular
and other users PAY a small amount of Yankee cash to support Mozilla and
being told in scathing language that that would never happen. There is a
widening breach between Mozilla and its user community. One can only
hope that this breach doesn't widen much more.
--
Jeff Barnett

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Desiree-11
On 2/6/2018 9:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>>
>> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.
>>
>> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting
>
> Don't forget to place some blame on the extension developers whose
> extensions leak memory. Come on devs, get a grip and plug the memory
> leaks in your extensions.
>
> Now, why do you need to keep Firefox on for days?
>
> I like to sleep occasionally, usually every night, quit all
> applications, shutdown the computer, turn off the lights and save money
> on my utility bill.

What does sleeping have to do with leaving a browser running 24/7/365?
I have two desktops and live in a climate where it is a necessity to run
them 24/7/365 if I want them to last 5 years.  I generally have several
browsers open 24/7.  I have no need to drag a computer around with me
outside my home (besides I dislike laptops) so this closing a browser
that has 200 tabs open in it because I have a laptop is irrelevant to
me.  The devs though, just like Microsoft, believe the desktop is dead
and code only for mobile devices.  It is very difficult nowdays to find
a great browser, or even just a good one, for the desktop.

I also hate browsers that wall off each tab so you have a zillion of
them running in Task Manager if you have 100 tabs open in each browser!
I don't care if a "bad" tab crashes the browser.  I rarely have a
browser crash for any reason.  My default browser now is Basilisk but it
eats lots of RAM and I can't keep it open for days/weeks either.  At
least it doesn't clutter my Task Manager as it doesn't wall off each tab
and for that alone I will have it as my default browser.

> I don't have the problem you report.
>
> Tip: There are no devs here that will read your rant. Try
> https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Good Guy-2
On 06/02/2018 23:06, Jeff Barnett wrote:

>  If the latter, you are likely to run into the problems described
> above since one doesn't tend to shut down apps when hibernating.

Not sure what problems were described above but I ALWAYS switch off my
machine, and unplug from the sockets including broadband.  There is no
point in keeping anything on unnecessarily.  My usage of home machine is
to monitor my office servers, sometimes very early in the morning, to
make sure they are working normally before office staff starts throwing
f-words towards me or my assistants.

Desiree wrote on 2/7/2018 1:17 AM:

> On 2/6/2018 9:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all
>>> other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It
>>> speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a
>>> "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>>>
>>> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource
>>> hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It
>>> spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it
>>> on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole
>>> system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I
>>> usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do
>>> with so many processes.
>>>
>>> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast
>>> reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow,
>>> bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple
>>> days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and
>>> seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something
>>> nice to use is getting
>>
>> Don't forget to place some blame on the extension developers whose
>> extensions leak memory. Come on devs, get a grip and plug the memory
>> leaks in your extensions.
>>
>> Now, why do you need to keep Firefox on for days?
>>
>> I like to sleep occasionally, usually every night, quit all
>> applications, shutdown the computer, turn off the lights and save money
>> on my utility bill.
>
> What does sleeping have to do with leaving a browser running 24/7/365? I
> have two desktops and live in a climate where it is a necessity to run
> them 24/7/365 if I want them to last 5 years.  I generally have several
> browsers open 24/7.  I have no need to drag a computer around with me
> outside my home (besides I dislike laptops) so this closing a browser
> that has 200 tabs open in it because I have a laptop is irrelevant to
> me.  The devs though, just like Microsoft, believe the desktop is dead
> and code only for mobile devices.  It is very difficult nowdays to find
> a great browser, or even just a good one, for the desktop.
>
> I also hate browsers that wall off each tab so you have a zillion of
> them running in Task Manager if you have 100 tabs open in each browser!
> I don't care if a "bad" tab crashes the browser.  I rarely have a
> browser crash for any reason.  My default browser now is Basilisk but it
> eats lots of RAM and I can't keep it open for days/weeks either.  At
> least it doesn't clutter my Task Manager as it doesn't wall off each tab
> and for that alone I will have it as my default browser.

You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
latest 64 bit FF versions.

>> I don't have the problem you report.
>>
>> Tip: There are no devs here that will read your rant. Try
>> https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

EE-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>
> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.
>
> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting

Pale Moon is like what Firefox used to be.  It can even use a lot of
Firefox extensions.  There are also themes for it.

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Lucifer Morningstar
On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 10:38:39 -0800 (PST), [hidden email]
wrote:

>Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all
>other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It
>speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a
>"safer" alternative to the opposition.

That was until they disabled adons.

>But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource
>hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn
>many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for
>more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a
>crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the
>processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many
>processes.

When Firefox stops responding I close it with task manager.

>Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable
>alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece
>of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a
>restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at
>alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting

Every update made it worse. I had to uninstall 57 and go back to 56.
I set 56 to never update but Mozilla keeps sending messages telling
me to update. It seems they don't want people using older and better
versions.

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Lucifer Morningstar
On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 22:17:04 -1000, Desiree <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>On 2/6/2018 9:02 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> Before I start I'd like to say I use firefox exclusively over all other browser. I've been using since it was put into production. It speed and the capability to use adons was a big plus in making it a "safer" alternative to the opposition.
>>>
>>> But as time goes on it became more and more of a memory and resource hog. And now since the last few updates it became even worse. It spawn many individuals processes in task manager, you can't keep it on for more than a couple days at a time before it slow the whole system to a crawl. So much so that when it does slow to a crawl I usually kill the processes manually, which you made tedious to do with so many processes.
>>>
>>> Come on devs, get a grip and make it back like it was, a fast reliable alternative to everything else out there, not this slow, bloated piece of software that can barely run for more than a couple days without a restart. Frankly, I'm getting tired of it and seriously looking at alternative because the joy of using something nice to use is getting
>>
>> Don't forget to place some blame on the extension developers whose
>> extensions leak memory. Come on devs, get a grip and plug the memory
>> leaks in your extensions.
>>
>> Now, why do you need to keep Firefox on for days?
>>
>> I like to sleep occasionally, usually every night, quit all
>> applications, shutdown the computer, turn off the lights and save money
>> on my utility bill.
>
>What does sleeping have to do with leaving a browser running 24/7/365?
>I have two desktops and live in a climate where it is a necessity to run
>them 24/7/365 if I want them to last 5 years.  I generally have several
>browsers open 24/7.  I have no need to drag a computer around with me
>outside my home (besides I dislike laptops) so this closing a browser
>that has 200 tabs open in it because I have a laptop is irrelevant to
>me.  The devs though, just like Microsoft, believe the desktop is dead
>and code only for mobile devices.  It is very difficult nowdays to find
>a great browser, or even just a good one, for the desktop.
>
>I also hate browsers that wall off each tab so you have a zillion of
>them running in Task Manager if you have 100 tabs open in each browser!
>I don't care if a "bad" tab crashes the browser.  I rarely have a
>browser crash for any reason.  My default browser now is Basilisk but it
>eats lots of RAM and I can't keep it open for days/weeks either.  At
>least it doesn't clutter my Task Manager as it doesn't wall off each tab
>and for that alone I will have it as my default browser.

Firefox 56 only shows one entry in task manager.

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Lucifer Morningstar
On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0700, Jeff Barnett <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Desiree wrote on 7/2/2018 1:17 AM:

>>> Don't forget to place some blame on the extension developers whose
>>> extensions leak memory. Come on devs, get a grip and plug the memory
>>> leaks in your extensions.
>>>
>>> Now, why do you need to keep Firefox on for days?
>>>
>>> I like to sleep occasionally, usually every night, quit all
>>> applications, shutdown the computer, turn off the lights and save money
>>> on my utility bill.
>>
>> What does sleeping have to do with leaving a browser running 24/7/365? I
>> have two desktops and live in a climate where it is a necessity to run
>> them 24/7/365 if I want them to last 5 years.  I generally have several
>> browsers open 24/7.  I have no need to drag a computer around with me
>> outside my home (besides I dislike laptops) so this closing a browser
>> that has 200 tabs open in it because I have a laptop is irrelevant to
>> me.  The devs though, just like Microsoft, believe the desktop is dead
>> and code only for mobile devices.  It is very difficult nowdays to find
>> a great browser, or even just a good one, for the desktop.
>>
>> I also hate browsers that wall off each tab so you have a zillion of
>> them running in Task Manager if you have 100 tabs open in each browser!
>> I don't care if a "bad" tab crashes the browser.  I rarely have a
>> browser crash for any reason.  My default browser now is Basilisk but it
>> eats lots of RAM and I can't keep it open for days/weeks either.  At
>> least it doesn't clutter my Task Manager as it doesn't wall off each tab
>> and for that alone I will have it as my default browser.
>
>You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
>latest 64 bit FF versions.

Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

caver1-5

Like what?

--
Caver1

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

tanstaafl-2
On 2/8/2018, 2:00:53 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0700, Jeff Barnett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Desiree wrote on 7/2/2018 1:17 AM:
>> You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
>> latest 64 bit FF versions.

I think you meant processes instead of tabs? I very  much dislike having
a process for each, so I'll give this a whirl.

> Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.
You mean like browse the web? Pity you don't know how to use a web
browser - but its never too late to learn!

In all seriousness, your problems are not being caused by the browser,
they are being caused by something you are doing - a bad Addon, bad
config mods (possibly from older versions) or other corruption in your
profile.

The new version is really solid by itself, I just wish they would
provide a lot more in terms of the web extensions API so that the
majority of the features of CTR, TMP, TST and my other favorite Addons
were able to be implemented.

On 2/8/18 2:00 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0700, Jeff Barnett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Desiree wrote on 7/2/2018 1:17 AM:

>>> What does sleeping have to do with leaving a browser running 24/7/365? I
>>> have two desktops and live in a climate where it is a necessity to run
>>> them 24/7/365 if I want them to last 5 years.  I generally have several
>>> browsers open 24/7.  I have no need to drag a computer around with me
>>> outside my home (besides I dislike laptops) so this closing a browser
>>> that has 200 tabs open in it because I have a laptop is irrelevant to
>>> me.  The devs though, just like Microsoft, believe the desktop is dead
>>> and code only for mobile devices.  It is very difficult nowdays to find
>>> a great browser, or even just a good one, for the desktop.
>>>
>>> I also hate browsers that wall off each tab so you have a zillion of
>>> them running in Task Manager if you have 100 tabs open in each browser!
>>> I don't care if a "bad" tab crashes the browser.  I rarely have a
>>> browser crash for any reason.  My default browser now is Basilisk but it
>>> eats lots of RAM and I can't keep it open for days/weeks either.  At
>>> least it doesn't clutter my Task Manager as it doesn't wall off each tab
>>> and for that alone I will have it as my default browser.
>> You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
>> latest 64 bit FF versions.
> Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.

Like web browsing? It works just fine for me, but I do use the alpha
version 60.0a1 as my production browser.

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:18:41 -0500, Caver1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 08/02/2018 02:00 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0700, Jeff Barnett <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
>>> latest 64 bit FF versions.
>>
>> Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.
>>

>Like what?

Like actually browsing without it freezing or using adons.

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Lucifer Morningstar
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:19:07 -0500, Tanstaafl
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 8/2/2018, 2:00:53 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0700, Jeff Barnett <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Desiree wrote on 7/2/2018 1:17 AM:
>>> You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
>>> latest 64 bit FF versions.
>
>I think you meant processes instead of tabs? I very  much dislike having
>a process for each, so I'll give this a whirl.
>
>> Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.
>You mean like browse the web?

Browse without it freezing and without it complaining that a script
has stopped working.

>Pity you don't know how to use a web
>browser - but its never too late to learn!

Pity FF has become unusable.

>In all seriousness, your problems are not being caused by the browser,
>they are being caused by something you are doing - a bad Addon, bad
>config mods (possibly from older versions) or other corruption in your
>profile.
>
>The new version is really solid by itself, I just wish they would
>provide a lot more in terms of the web extensions API so that the
>majority of the features of CTR, TMP, TST and my other favorite Addons
>were able to be implemented.

Firefox without leechblock and down them all is no use to me.

Re: Firefox is becoming a bloated piece of ram eating software

Lucifer Morningstar
On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 11:07:51 -0500, WaltS48 <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>On 8/2/18 2:00 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 09:36:19 -0700, Jeff Barnett <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> You can set the max number of CPU's that will be spawned for tabs in the
>>> latest 64 bit FF versions.
>> Pity you can't do anything useful with the latest version.
>

>Like web browsing? It works just fine for me, but I do use the alpha
>version 60.0a1 as my production browser.

It probably helps that you have 4 hex core CPUs and 128 gig RAM.