Quantcast

Firefox iOS v8.0 Screenshots

Stefan Arentz-5
Apologies this took so long. We are not on schedule. But I hope to be able
to push screenshots at least twice a week from now on.

    https://people-mozilla.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots/

I think this is the first time we are able to make Arabic screenshots, so
those are included as well.

Do note that RTL support is not completely finished yet. We are pretty
close, but there is still work to do.

If you know anyone who is interested in helping out with the remaining RTL
layout issues, please send them my way. You do not have to master any of
the RTL languages to work on this, you can simply run the app in "English
RTL" mode. You do need basic some programming skills and ideally some prior
Swift experience. You also do not have to have an iOS device. If you own a
Mac, you can run the application in the iOS simulator, which is good enough
to work on these kind of bugs.

Please reach out if you want to help. These are great starter bugs that can
make a big impact and improve the quality of the application for a lot of
people.

 S.

Re: Firefox iOS v8.0 Screenshots

Delphine L
Hi everyone,

Just a heads-up that I spoke with Stefan yesterday and there were some
errors while building the screenshots so we should get an updated batch
very soon.

L10n cut-off for iOS v8 is still one week from now (so Wed. May 24).

For those of you who signed-up for test builds on iOS, the localized builds
should be sent out quite soon as well.

thanks everyone, and sorry for the delay!
delphine

On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Stefan Arentz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Apologies this took so long. We are not on schedule. But I hope to be able
> to push screenshots at least twice a week from now on.
>
>     https://people-mozilla.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots/
>
> I think this is the first time we are able to make Arabic screenshots, so
> those are included as well.
>
> Do note that RTL support is not completely finished yet. We are pretty
> close, but there is still work to do.
>
> If you know anyone who is interested in helping out with the remaining RTL
> layout issues, please send them my way. You do not have to master any of
> the RTL languages to work on this, you can simply run the app in "English
> RTL" mode. You do need basic some programming skills and ideally some prior
> Swift experience. You also do not have to have an iOS device. If you own a
> Mac, you can run the application in the iOS simulator, which is good enough
> to work on these kind of bugs.
>
> Please reach out if you want to help. These are great starter bugs that can
> make a big impact and improve the quality of the application for a lot of
> people.
>
>  S.

Delphine

Re: Firefox iOS v8.0 Screenshots

Delphine L
It's me again (sorry for the noise today, it's busy out here :P)

Stefan has sent out builds to everyone who asked for them today (thanks
Stefan!). You should have got an email from BuddyBuild about this.

Here are some instructions on how to use these builds:
    github.com/mozilla-mobile/buddybuild/

Those are BuddyBuild instructions for Focus, but the process is exactly the
same for Firefox.
As always, just shake your device to send feedback!

Let me know if you have an iOS device and would like to get access to these
builds too (iOS 9+ required).

Otherwise, for those without an iOS device (and I know there are a lot of
you out there!), screenshots should get a respin soon.

thanks everyone!

--
Delphine

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Delphine L <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's me again (sorry for the noise today, it's busy out here :P)
>
> Stefan has sent out builds to everyone who asked for them today (thanks
> Stefan!). You should have got an email from BuddyBuild about this.
>
> Here are some instructions on how to use these builds:
>     github.com/mozilla-mobile/buddybuild/
>
> Those are BuddyBuild instructions for Focus, but the process is exactly the
> same for Firefox.
> As always, just shake your device to send feedback!

Ah seems like the shaking option for feedback only works for the
Buddybuilds on Android, not iOS ;)
Take a screenshot on iOS and that will send you in feedback mode :)

sorry for the confusion!
Have a great weekend all

--
Delphine