Firefox for iOS v11: strings exposed

Delphine L
Hi localizers,

It's been a while since the last l10n update for Firefox iOS, so
here's the first one of the year! This v11 is planned to be released
entirely by March 29, after a phased roll-out.

This release contains new improvements and features, of which the most
notable are:

* Improved Tracking Protection

* iPad specific improvements in navigation, drag and drop, keyboard support

* Performance telemetry

I've just exposed the strings and they are now available for
localization in Pontoon [1].

Some important details:

* Deadline for localizing *and* testing: March 13th (please let me
know if there's any concern in regards to the deadline)
* Number of new strings: 52
* Modified: 4
* Deleted: 15

Screenshots will be made available soon here:
http://wopr.norad.org/~sarentz/fxios/screenshots/
(updated twice a week: Tuesdays and Fridays).

If you are subscribed to Buddybuilds and have an iOS device, you
should be able to test localized builds this way too (ask me if you
need access).

Have a good weekend all! And happy localizing ^^

[1] https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/firefox-for-ios/
--
Delphine

Re: Firefox for iOS v11: strings exposed

Stefan Arentz-5
On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Delphine L <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi localizers,
>
> It's been a while since the last l10n update for Firefox iOS, so
> here's the first one of the year! This v11 is planned to be released
> entirely by March 29, after a phased roll-out.
>
> This release contains new improvements and features, of which the most
> notable are:
>
> * Improved Tracking Protection

This feature is specified in the following design document:
https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/N3FMH2BZSAE#/screens

 S.