Firefox feature request - Record and replay and possibly share browsing session without reconnecting to the server

Firefox feature request - Record and replay and possibly share browsing session without reconnecting to the server

Emmanuel E
Hi Everyone,

It would be nice if one could record and replay and possibly shares one's browsing session from Firefox's memory cache rather than fetching it again from webservers. This is especially useful if one has done POST requests and does not want to redo the same POST request, but still go back and forth through the session. Also if it can be dumped to file and shared across other Firefox users it would be really great.

As always if possible as an extension tips to get started would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Re: Firefox feature request - Record and replay and possibly share browsing session without reconnecting to the server

Mumia W..
Emmanuel E wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> It would be nice if one could record and replay and possibly shares one's browsing session from Firefox's memory cache rather than fetching it again from webservers. This is especially useful if one has done POST requests and does not want to redo the same POST request, but still go back and forth through the session. Also if it can be dumped to file and shared across other Firefox users it would be really great.
> [...]

Not that it has anything to do with Firefox (FX), but the Lynx text-mode
web browser does something close to this. It can be made to record call
keystrokes made during a browsing session. While POST requests are not
specifically recored, any keystrokes that result in a POST request are
recorded exactly, and the result, in many cases, will be the same as if
the POST request was itself recorded.

> As always if possible as an extension tips to get started would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Emmanuel

The search feature of addons.mozilla.org is very useful.

https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?q=record&app=firefox

"Breadcrumbs" may be close enough to what you want. Perhaps you can use
it as a basis for a fully-sharable recording extension.

--
Mumia W.
[hidden email]

Re: Firefox feature request - Record and replay and possibly share browsing session without reconnecting to the server

Emmanuel E
Thanks. Breadcrumbs is a good one. Will take a look at it.