Firefox feature request - Choose which email application to use

Firefox feature request - Choose which email application to use

Emmanuel E
Hi Everyone,

Would it be possible in Firefox to set which email app it should use when emailing a web page? Similar to IE. I usually have two email clients running - Outlook officially and Thunderbird for my personal email. Generally when browsing using Firefox I would prefer it to use Thunderbird as the emailing client whereas for Windows explorer/MS Office I would prefer they continue to use Outlook as the Windows defined default email client.

Would it be possible as an extension?

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Re: Firefox feature request - Choose which email application to use

Mumia W..
Emmanuel E wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Would it be possible in Firefox to set which email app it should use when emailing a web page? Similar to IE. I usually have two email clients running - Outlook officially and Thunderbird for my personal email. Generally when browsing using Firefox I would prefer it to use Thunderbird as the emailing client whereas for Windows explorer/MS Office I would prefer they continue to use Outlook as the Windows defined default email client.
>
> Would it be possible as an extension?
>
> Thanks,
> Emmanuel

I've heard of an extension called Launchy that does this.

If you use certain versions of Linux, this might work:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Changing_the_web_browser_invoked_by_Thunderbird

--
Mumia W.
[hidden email]

Re: Firefox feature request - Choose which email application to use

Emmanuel E
Actually what I am looking for is the opposite. To be able to set in
Firefox which email client it should use.