Firefox --enable-ldap

Dan Nicholson-2
When building OpenOffice-2.0 on Linux, the mozilla plugin requires the
mozilla ldap library.  This is not a problem if you have the suite or
Thunderbird because they build the ldap library.  However, the firefox
build doesn't enable the ldap functionality by default.  So, the
question is, is it safe to add --enable-ldap when building firefox?
What are the reasons behind disabling ldap for firefox?  Simply because
the functionality isn't used or because it breaks the build?

Thanks for your help.

--
Dan Nicholson

Re: Firefox --enable-ldap

Chris Seawood
Dan Nicholson wrote:
> When building OpenOffice-2.0 on Linux, the mozilla plugin requires the
> mozilla ldap library.  This is not a problem if you have the suite or
> Thunderbird because they build the ldap library.  However, the firefox
> build doesn't enable the ldap functionality by default.  So, the
> question is, is it safe to add --enable-ldap when building firefox?
> What are the reasons behind disabling ldap for firefox?  Simply because
> the functionality isn't used or because it breaks the build?

It's simply not used.  --enable-ldap will build the ldap libraries from
the ldap c-sdk and the ldap-xpcom component.

- cls

Re: Firefox --enable-ldap

Dan Nicholson-2
Christopher Seawood wrote:

> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > When building OpenOffice-2.0 on Linux, the mozilla plugin requires the
> > mozilla ldap library.  This is not a problem if you have the suite or
> > Thunderbird because they build the ldap library.  However, the firefox
> > build doesn't enable the ldap functionality by default.  So, the
> > question is, is it safe to add --enable-ldap when building firefox?
> > What are the reasons behind disabling ldap for firefox?  Simply because
> > the functionality isn't used or because it breaks the build?
>
> It's simply not used.  --enable-ldap will build the ldap libraries from
> the ldap c-sdk and the ldap-xpcom component.

Thanks.  I'll assume it's safe to use --enable-ldap.

--
Dan