Firefox dont want to install new extensions - Why?

Firefox dont want to install new extensions - Why?

Roger Gariepy
Hello,

I use Firefox 1.5 (French version, but I have the same problem in
then English only version, that I installed temporary) on a Windows XP
machine.

I have the message: "Software installation inactive. Click on Options
Modification button and retry" ==> It did not work; event when you
change all the choices in Options/Content (Options/Contenu in French).

By the way, the option/Web functionality don't exist, nor in the French
nor in English versions.

Why extension installations are not functioning?

Thank you,

Roger Gariépy

Re: Firefox dont want to install new extensions - Why?

gwtc
Roger Gariepy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use Firefox 1.5 (French version, but I have the same problem in
> then English only version, that I installed temporary) on a Windows XP
> machine.
>
> I have the message: "Software installation inactive. Click on Options
> Modification button and retry" ==> It did not work; event when you
> change all the choices in Options/Content (Options/Contenu in French).
>
> By the way, the option/Web functionality don't exist, nor in the French
> nor in English versions.
>
> Why extension installations are not functioning?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Roger Gariépy
in the address bar type in about:config and look for the following entry:

xpinstall.enabled

when found, double click on it and change it to true