Firefox - display:none

mozilla accessibility
http://narita.mit.edu/ncam/toggleDisplay.html

I think I've found something that looks suspiciously like a bug. Can anyone
reproduce?

1. Goto the above URL in Firefox.

2. Click the link "Toggle Display 1".  Refresh the virtual buffer and look
for the new content which should have appeared right after the three links
and just before the "--end--".  It never shows up in the virtual buffer, but
it is on-screen (you can see it with the Jaws cursor).

3. Refresh the page. Now try the same as above, using the "toggle display 2"
button.  The first time you toggle it using this button the content appears
in the virtual buffer (after a buffer refresh).  Every other time you toggle
using this link, content never shows up in the virtual buffer, no matter how
many times you refresh the buffer.

4. Try this with Window-Eyes.  Results are similar, except I think it
managed to see the content toggled from the button in the virtual buffer
more than just the first time; it still never saw the content when the link
"toggle display 1" was used.

Any idea on what might be going on?

-- Rich Caloggero, WGBH NCAM / MIT ATIC

Re: Firefox - display:none

Kenny Hitt
Hi just wanted to let you know the site seems to work fine running the latest Firefox build and Orca.
Could your problem be specific to the windows screen readers, and not a Firefox bug?

          Kenny