Firefox always asks for Media Player yet it is installed

Firefox always asks for Media Player yet it is installed

Ritter197
Mozilla Firefox always asks for the MS Media Player when I am on CNN and
want to see a video. YET - MS Media Player is installed and I never have
that problem with IE. It sees the MS Media Player V. 11.

I have vene downloaded again the MS Media Player when that window comes up
and suggests to download it, yet even then Mozilla Firefox does not see it.
REALLY dumb and most annoying.

Any of you have a solution?

I am using windows xp and a late model, fast computer.

Re: Firefox always asks for Media Player yet it is installed

"Andrés M."
Ritter197 wrote:

> Mozilla Firefox always asks for the MS Media Player when I am on CNN and
> want to see a video. YET - MS Media Player is installed and I never have
> that problem with IE. It sees the MS Media Player V. 11.
>
> I have vene downloaded again the MS Media Player when that window comes up
> and suggests to download it, yet even then Mozilla Firefox does not see it.
> REALLY dumb and most annoying.
>
> Any of you have a solution?
>
> I am using windows xp and a late model, fast computer.

Try this Microsoft plugin, it should work:

http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx

Re: Firefox always asks for Media Player yet it is installed

Ritter197
Thanks, THAT worked !!!

news:[hidden email]...

Ritter197 wrote:
> Thanks, THAT worked !!!

Great!!! :D

Re: Firefox always asks for Media Player yet it is installed

Josh Toy
Ritter197 wrote:

> Mozilla Firefox always asks for the MS Media Player when I am on CNN and
> want to see a video. YET - MS Media Player is installed and I never have
> that problem with IE. It sees the MS Media Player V. 11.
>
> I have vene downloaded again the MS Media Player when that window comes up
> and suggests to download it, yet even then Mozilla Firefox does not see it.
> REALLY dumb and most annoying.
>
> Any of you have a solution?
>
> I am using windows xp and a late model, fast computer.

are you sure that you completely installed the media player for firefox?
or did you just dl the zip file?

Re: Firefox always asks for Media Player yet it is installed

Michael Gordon
Josh Toy created this reply On 6/25/2007 8:17 PM

> Ritter197 wrote:
>> Mozilla Firefox always asks for the MS Media Player when I am on CNN and
>> want to see a video. YET - MS Media Player is installed and I never have
>> that problem with IE. It sees the MS Media Player V. 11.
>>
>> I have vene downloaded again the MS Media Player when that window comes up
>> and suggests to download it, yet even then Mozilla Firefox does not see it.
>> REALLY dumb and most annoying.
>>
>> Any of you have a solution?
>>
>> I am using windows xp and a late model, fast computer.
>>

> are you sure that you completely installed the media player for firefox?
> or did you just dl the zip file?

This link from Mozilla may help resolve the problem.

Michael