Quantcast

Firefox add-on to force Gecko's MathML rendering in MathJax

Firefox add-on to force Gecko's MathML rendering in MathJax

Frédéric WANG
Dear all,

FYI, I've written a new Firefox add-on that forces the Native MathML
output to be selected on Websites using MathJax and it has just been
approved by the AMO reviewers:

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/mathjax-native-mathml/

I hope it could be useful to some people...

--
Frédéric Wang
MathML Crowdfunding: ulule.com/mathematics-ebooks

Re: Firefox add-on to force Gecko's MathML rendering in MathJax

Frédéric WANG
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your feedback. The add-on inserts a <script> tag to ask
MathJax to modify its own code and fix performance/rendering bugs. This
seems what is causing the warning. I didn't try to analyze the problem,
but opened https://github.com/fred-wang/Mathzilla/issues/25 for now.
If you go to the preference menu of the add-on and uncheck the two lost
options (disable MathML preprocessor & Fix bugs), the <script> tag won't
be inserted (only the MathJax menu options are modified) by the add-on
and the warning disappears.

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic