Firefox/Thunderbird feature request - Macro engine. I hope its not asking for too much :D

Firefox/Thunderbird feature request - Macro engine. I hope its not asking for too much :D

Emmanuel E
Hi Everyone,

A nice scripting language for Firefox and Thunderbird would be nice, similar to what MS offers in terms of VBA. I agree that it would cater to only a very limited set of power users. But it would be definitely nice to have.

I guess it would be pretty complex and better implemented as part of the core rather than as an extension?

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Re: Firefox/Thunderbird feature request - Macro engine. I hope its not asking for too much :D

Mumia W..
Emmanuel E wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> A nice scripting language for Firefox and Thunderbird would be nice, [...]

Netscape invented JavaScript. Virtually every FX extension is a
combination of JavaScript, CSS, and XUL.

--
Mumia W.
[hidden email]

Re: Firefox/Thunderbird feature request - Macro engine. I hope its not asking for too much :D

Emmanuel E
Can you do something like -
1. Open this URL.
2. Fill this form field.
3. Send a network request.
4. Parse the response
5. Send another request
6. Create a new thread

Or else tamper with request parameters like temporarily change timeouts.
Change from http 1.1 to 1.0. Force enable SSL. *Chain proxies*. :)

More specifically I was looking at a secure tunnel from within Firefox.
Setup:
SSL Enabled Apache working as a proxy on port 443 on your home machine.
Send a CONNECT request to your organization's proxy to connect to your
home machine on port 443.
Start talking SSL on the Apache proxy.
Send the actual request to the Apache proxy.
Get the response and decrypt the SSL.
Close all connections.
Basically it needs chaining of proxies and talking SSL to proxies
instead of just plain HTTP.

Thanks,
Emmanuel