Firefox: How can I display two radio-buttons in one single line?

Firefox: How can I display two radio-buttons in one single line?

xformsNewbee
Hello,

I am new to XForms and I have some simple beginner problems.
Unfortunately I find no solution
in any tutorial. I Use Firefox 2.0 with the Mozilla XForm 0.7.0.1
plugin.

The problem is real trivial I just want to display two radio button in
a single line, but I also get
them displayed in a row. Hope to find any help :-). This is my code:

  @namespace xforms url(http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms);

  xforms|select1
  {
    display:inline;
  }

        <xforms:select1 ref="form/myRef" appearance="full">
                <xforms:label></xforms:label>
                 <xforms:item>
                           <xforms:label>Nein</
xforms:label><xforms:value>Nein</xforms:value>
                  </xforms:item>
                  <xforms:item>
                            <xforms:label></
xforms:label><xforms:value>Ja</xforms:value>
                   </xforms:item>
          </xforms:select1>

Re: Firefox: How can I display two radio-buttons in one single line?

xformsNewbee
On 13 Mai, 23:35, xformsNewbee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to XForms and I have some simple beginner problems.
> Unfortunately I find no solution
> in any tutorial. I UseFirefox2.0 with the Mozilla XForm 0.7.0.1
> plugin.
>
> The problem is real trivial I just want to display two radio button in
> a single line, but I also get
> them displayed in a row. Hope to find any help :-). This is my code:

>   @namespace xforms url(http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms);
>
>   xforms|select1
>   {
>     display:inline;
>   }

>         <xforms:select1 ref="form/myRef" appearance="full">
>                 <xforms:label></xforms:label>
>                  <xforms:item>
>                            <xforms:label>Nein</
> xforms:label><xforms:value>Nein</xforms:value>
>                   </xforms:item>
>                   <xforms:item>
>                             <xforms:label></
> xforms:label><xforms:value>Ja</xforms:value>
>                    </xforms:item>
>           </xforms:select1>

Ok, I found a solution by myself: no stylesheet is needed, just use
two select1s´  with the same ref :-)

RE: Firefox: How can I display two radio-buttons in one single line?

Klotz, Leigh
Two elements select1 with the same attribute ref will give you two identical controls which change value together and control the same data.  Is that what you wanted?
Leigh.

RE: Firefox: How can I display two radio-buttons in one single line?

Klotz, Leigh
In response to a followup message from xformsNewbee requesting an example of validation and CSS, I have looked in the XForms WikiBook and found one.  But it wasn't working (even said so in the page).  I fixed the problems in
  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/XForms/Validate_with_schema_types
It now works ;-).

The page has a disclaimer at the top about Firefox XForms extension not support XML Schema types other than "most simple types."
I suspect this is out of date.

Would someone who knows please fix the disclaimer or remove it if it is no longer necessary?

Leigh.
P.S. I don't suppose this is the correct place for discussing this example, but I would note that if the complexTypes were removed from the Schema the example would be XForms 1.0 Basic Profile conformant.  They aren't doing anything anyway.