Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

WaltS48-12
"Firefox 78.0.2 released @ 100% rollout"

REF:
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2020-07-09#Schedule_Update>

Here are the release notes.

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/78.0.2/releasenotes/>

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/
Why didn't he Make America Great Again in the first term?

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

On 2020-07-09 08:41, WaltS48 wrote:

> "Firefox 78.0.2 released @ 100% rollout"
>
> REF:
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2020-07-09#Schedule_Update>
>

> Here are the release notes.
>
> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/78.0.2/releasenotes/>

Fedora repo still at 78.0.1 whilst our intrepid testers
check it out.

On 7/9/20 12:06 PM, T wrote:

> On 2020-07-09 08:41, WaltS48 wrote:
>> "Firefox 78.0.2 released @ 100% rollout"
>>
>> REF:
>> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2020-07-09#Schedule_Update>
>>

>> Here are the release notes.
>>
>> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/78.0.2/releasenotes/>
>>

> Fedora repo still at 78.0.1 whilst our intrepid testers
> check it out.

I'm sure the Ubuntu repo is still at 78.0.1.

They just released the update to Thunderbird 68.10.0, updating from
68.8.0 and skipping 68.9.0 for some reason.

Glad I don't use repo versions.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/
Why didn't he Make America Great Again in the first term?

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

Ant-21
On 7/9/2020 8:41 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> "Firefox 78.0.2 released @ 100% rollout"
>
> REF:
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2020-07-09#Schedule_Update>
>

> Here are the release notes.
>
> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/78.0.2/releasenotes/>

Yay, a fix for MS Teams launch link bug without using F12 key workaround! :D
--
Life is so crazy! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, illnesses (e.g.,
COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2), deaths, heat waves, fires, out(r)ages,
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /     Please kindly use :( Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

The Real Bev
On 07/09/2020 08:41 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> "Firefox 78.0.2 released @ 100% rollout"
>
> REF:
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2020-07-09#Schedule_Update>
>
> Here are the release notes.
>
> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/78.0.2/releasenotes/>

I haven't looked at those for a long time.  They never said anything
useful like

"From now on Tab Mix Plus and a lot of your other favorite extensions
won't work unless the authors (who aren't making a dime from this) make
serious changes which might not even be possible.  Tough luck, loser."

or

"Too bad, you're using so many extensions and .css entries that we're
not going to allow you to see videos or captchas and some other stuff
any more.  Even with a SAFE start.  Even with a brand-new virgin
installation.  Tough luck, loser."

etc.

--
Cheers, Bev
   I'd tell you a UDP joke, but you might not get it.

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

The Real Bev
What idiot here has set some sort of stupid autoreply from
[hidden email]?  I also got an invitation one minute
later from some ESL floozie:

"Hello The, thanks for reply. I was wondering 2 have someone
stranger..Would you like 2 grab a drink N some fun maybe?? ."

--
Cheers, Bev
   I'd tell you a UDP joke, but you might not get it.
                                       -- K.E. Long

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

WaltS48-11
That's what happens when you use outdated unsecured applications.

On 7/9/20 5:11 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> What idiot here has set some sort of stupid autoreply from
> [hidden email]?  I also got an invitation one minute
> later from some ESL floozie:
>
> "Hello The, thanks for reply. I was wondering 2 have someone
> stranger..Would you like 2 grab a drink N some fun maybe?? ."
>

> On 07/09/2020 01:57 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 07/09/2020 08:41 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> "Firefox 78.0.2 released @ 100% rollout"
>>>
>>> REF:
>>> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2020-07-09#Schedule_Update>
>>>

>>> Here are the release notes.
>>>
>>> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/78.0.2/releasenotes/>
>>
>> I haven't looked at those for a long time.  They never said anything
>> useful like
>>
>> "From now on Tab Mix Plus and a lot of your other favorite extensions
>> won't work unless the authors (who aren't making a dime from this) make
>> serious changes which might not even be possible.  Tough luck, loser."
>>
>> or
>>
>> "Too bad, you're using so many extensions and .css entries that we're
>> not going to allow you to see videos or captchas and some other stuff
>> any more.  Even with a SAFE start.  Even with a brand-new virgin
>> installation.  Tough luck, loser."
>>
>> etc.

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

J. P. Gilliver (John)-3
On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 17:32:36, WaltS48 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>That's what happens when you use outdated unsecured applications.

Nothing to do with that.

>On 7/9/20 5:11 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> What idiot here has set some sort of stupid autoreply from
>>[hidden email]?

Since this newsgroup also operates as a mailing list, I think what's
happened is that someone has - deliberately or accidentally - signed
24sevencloud up to some aspect of the list, so whenever someone posts to
the list (or in my case to the newsgroup), 24sevencloud get sent the
post (as would be normal for a mailing list); they get the post, and
their autoresponder sends the poster a note to say that poster is not on
their list for support. (At least, that's what the ones I receive say.)

Since the message also includes a freephone number for those in the UK
(one beginning 0800), I've rung them and told them. I think the chap I
spoke to understood what I was saying, though I don't think he was that
bothered, or had much hope of getting it fixed. He gave me his personal
email to forward one of the automatic messages to, which he received.

>>  I also got an invitation one minute  later from some ESL floozie:
>>  "Hello The, thanks for reply. I was wondering 2 have someone
>>stranger..Would you like 2 grab a drink N some fun maybe?? ."

Ah. I've not had those yet! (I expect to get the email from 24sevencloud
as soon as I post this.)

>>> I haven't looked at those for a long time.  They never said anything
>>> useful like
>>>
>>> "From now on Tab Mix Plus and a lot of your other favorite extensions
>>> won't work unless the authors (who aren't making a dime from this) make
>>> serious changes which might not even be possible.  Tough luck, loser."
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> "Too bad, you're using so many extensions and .css entries that we're
>>> not going to allow you to see videos or captchas and some other stuff
>>> any more.  Even with a SAFE start.  Even with a brand-new virgin
>>> installation.  Tough luck, loser."
>>>
>>> etc.

(-:

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when
they're in trouble again.

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

Big Al-3
On 7/9/20 6:16 PM, this is what J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 17:32:36, WaltS48 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That's what happens when you use outdated unsecured applications.
>
> Nothing to do with that.
>>
>> On 7/9/20 5:11 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>> What idiot here has set some sort of stupid autoreply from [hidden email]?
>
> Since this newsgroup also operates as a mailing list, I think what's happened is that someone has - deliberately or accidentally - signed
> 24sevencloud up to some aspect of the list, so whenever someone posts to the list (or in my case to the newsgroup), 24sevencloud get sent
> the post (as would be normal for a mailing list); they get the post, and their autoresponder sends the poster a note to say that poster is
> not on their list for support. (At least, that's what the ones I receive say.)

You evidently don't realize that using a mailing list is not the only way to access newsgroups.  You can access them from Thunderbird and
other news clients over many OSes without a browser.   You control the posting better and don't depend on mailing list programs.

Al

Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.

Mozilla - General mailing list
On 09/07/2020 22:32, WaltS48 wrote:
> That's what happens when you use outdated unsecured applications.

I suspect it could be another "theFork" type message.  Either Giganews
or Mozilla has sold info to 3rd parties.  I don't use any real email so
I don't receive anything and I don't know anything about this because I
haven't seen any posts here about it.

--

With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 18:30:31, Big Al <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 7/9/20 6:16 PM, this is what J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 17:32:36, WaltS48 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> That's what happens when you use outdated unsecured applications.
>>  Nothing to do with that.

>>  Since this newsgroup also operates as a mailing list, I think what's
>>happened is that someone has - deliberately or accidentally - signed
>>24sevencloud up to some aspect of the list, so whenever someone posts
>>to the list (or in my case to the newsgroup), 24sevencloud get sent
>>the post (as would be normal for a mailing list); they get the post,
>>and their autoresponder sends the poster a note to say that poster is
>>not on their list for support. (At least, that's what the ones I receive say.)
>>
>You evidently don't realize that using a mailing list is not the only
>way to access newsgroups.  You can access them from Thunderbird and
>other news clients over many OSes without a browser.   You control the
>posting better and don't depend on mailing list programs.
>
>Al

I fully DO realise that using a mailing list is not the only way to
access newsgroups - I do indeed access this one from a news client
(Turnpike). That doesn't cancel what I said: someone somehow got
24sevencloud signed up to the mailing list part, and on the
individual-post rather than daily or weekly digest option (I don't know
what options mozilla offers since I don't use the mailing list option),
with the result that whenever anyone posts to the 'group - either by
mailing in their post or, as I am doing in now, using NNTP from a news
client - 24sevencloud get emailed, with something that appears to have
come from the poster.

It's another "thefork".

"Not an electronic sausage!"

24sevencloud.co.uk please note (was: Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.)

J. P. Gilliver (John)-3
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 15:36:44, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 18:30:31, Big Al <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>  Nothing to do with that.

>>>  Since this newsgroup also operates as a mailing list, I think
>>>what's happened is that someone has - deliberately or accidentally -
>>>signed 24sevencloud up to some aspect of the list, so whenever
>>>someone posts to the list (or in my case to the newsgroup),
>>>24sevencloud get sent the post (as would be normal for a mailing
>>>list); they get the post, and their autoresponder sends the poster a
>>>note to say that poster is not on their list for support. (At least,
>>>that's what the ones I receive say.)
>>>
>>You evidently don't realize that using a mailing list is not the only
>>way to access newsgroups.  You can access them from Thunderbird and
>>other news clients over many OSes without a browser.   You control the
>>posting better and don't depend on mailing list programs.
>>
>>Al
>
>I fully DO realise that using a mailing list is not the only way to
>access newsgroups - I do indeed access this one from a news client
>(Turnpike). That doesn't cancel what I said: someone somehow got
>24sevencloud signed up to the mailing list part, and on the individual-
>post rather than daily or weekly digest option (I don't know what
>options mozilla offers since I don't use the mailing list option), with
>the result that whenever anyone posts to the 'group - either by mailing
>in their post or, as I am doing in now, using NNTP from a news client -
>24sevencloud get emailed, with something that appears to have come
>from the poster.
>
>It's another "thefork".

To clarify: as a result of the above post (made with a news client),
I've received from [hidden email], subject "Re: Firefox
78.0.2 has been released.", timestamped 2020 July 10 15:40:10, the
following:

    Sorry, your email address is not registered to use the 24 Seven
Cloud automated help desk system.
Please contact info@ or hello@ with your query.
   email divider
    24 Seven Cloud Communications Ltd
    Telecoms House, Leeds, LS7 2BB
    T: +44 (0) 8000 247 365 | F: +44 (0) 8000 247 248
    linkedin icon 24 Seven Cloud Communications     |
www.24sevencloud.co.uk

    24 Seven Cloud Communications

    Disclaimer: Click here to view disclaimer

I expect I'll get another one as a result of _this_ post. (I've amended
the subject line, but as it's clearly an automated system, that won't
make any difference.)

Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as
they were. - Marcel Proust

Re: 24sevencloud.co.uk please note (was: Re: Firefox 78.0.2 has been released.)

WaltS48-12
On 7/10/20 11:03 AM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 15:36:44, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> You evidently don't realize that using a mailing list is not the only
>>> way to access newsgroups.  You can access them from Thunderbird and
>>> other news clients over many OSes without a browser.   You control the
>>> posting better and don't depend on mailing list programs.
>>>
>>> Al
>>
>> I fully DO realise that using a mailing list is not the only way to
>> access newsgroups - I do indeed access this one from a news client
>> (Turnpike). That doesn't cancel what I said: someone somehow got
>> 24sevencloud signed up to the mailing list part, and on the individual-
>> post rather than daily or weekly digest option (I don't know what
>> options mozilla offers since I don't use the mailing list option), with
>> the result that whenever anyone posts to the 'group - either by mailing
>> in their post or, as I am doing in now, using NNTP from a news client -
>> 24sevencloud get emailed, with something that appears to have come
>>from the poster.
>>
>> It's another "thefork".
>
> To clarify: as a result of the above post (made with a news client),
> I've received from [hidden email], subject "Re: Firefox
> 78.0.2 has been released.", timestamped 2020 July 10 15:40:10, the
> following:
>
>      Sorry, your email address is not registered to use the 24 Seven
> Cloud automated help desk system.
> Please contact info@ or hello@ with your query.
>     email divider
>      24 Seven Cloud Communications Ltd
>      Telecoms House, Leeds, LS7 2BB
>      T: +44 (0) 8000 247 365 | F: +44 (0) 8000 247 248
>      linkedin icon 24 Seven Cloud Communications     |
> www.24sevencloud.co.uk
>
>      24 Seven Cloud Communications
>

>      Disclaimer: Click here to view disclaimer
>

> I expect I'll get another one as a result of _this_ post. (I've amended
> the subject line, but as it's clearly an automated system, that won't
> make any difference.)

Sorry for your issue.

Haven't experienced it here.

If I remember correctly posts from theFork were appearing in the
newsgroups. I haven't seen any of those in my Filter Log since that
issue was resolved by Mozilla.

On 07/10/2020 08:30 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 7/10/20 11:03 AM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 15:36:44, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

Isn't that a little judgmental?  Why did you think this problem has
anything to do with which version of Thunderbird I'm using?

>>> I fully DO realise that using a mailing list is not the only way to
>>> access newsgroups - I do indeed access this one from a news client
>>> (Turnpike). That doesn't cancel what I said: someone somehow got
>>> 24sevencloud signed up to the mailing list part, and on the individual-
>>> post rather than daily or weekly digest option (I don't know what
>>> options mozilla offers since I don't use the mailing list option), with
>>> the result that whenever anyone posts to the 'group - either by mailing
>>> in their post or, as I am doing in now, using NNTP from a news client -
>>> 24sevencloud get emailed, with something that appears to have come
>>>from the poster.
>>>
>>> It's another "thefork".
>>
>> To clarify: as a result of the above post (made with a news client),
>> I've received from [hidden email], subject "Re: Firefox
>> 78.0.2 has been released.", timestamped 2020 July 10 15:40:10, the
>> following:
>>
>>      Sorry, your email address is not registered to use the 24 Seven
>> Cloud automated help desk system.
>> Please contact info@ or hello@ with your query.
>>     email divider
>>      24 Seven Cloud Communications Ltd
>>      Telecoms House, Leeds, LS7 2BB
>>      T: +44 (0) 8000 247 365 | F: +44 (0) 8000 247 248
>>      linkedin icon 24 Seven Cloud Communications     |
>> www.24sevencloud.co.uk
>>
>>      24 Seven Cloud Communications
>>
>>      Disclaimer: Click here to view disclaimer

That's what I got, but none since I complained here.

>> I expect I'll get another one as a result of _this_ post. (I've amended
>> the subject line, but as it's clearly an automated system, that won't
>> make any difference.)
>>

> Sorry for your issue.
>
> Haven't experienced it here.
>
> If I remember correctly posts from theFork were appearing in the
> newsgroups. I haven't seen any of those in my Filter Log since that
> issue was resolved by Mozilla.

--
Cheers, Bev
     Nobody needs to speak on behalf of idiots, they manage
     to speak entirely too much for themselves already.

On 07/10/2020 08:38 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

>>>      24 Seven Cloud Communications
>>>
>>>      Disclaimer: Click here to view disclaimer
>
> That's what I got, but none since I complained here.

ERROR.  I got another so I set a filter to just delete them unseen and
untrashed.

--
Cheers, Bev
   Schrodinger's Cake:  You can have it AND eat it.