Firefox 57 news.

WaltS48-5
Photon engineering newsletter #13

<https://msujaws.wordpress.com/2017/08/18/photon-engineering-newsletter-13/>

There was a bit of complaining about the logo changes. We are back to
the new normal for Nightly.

Photon engineering newsletter #14

<https://mikeconley.ca/blog/2017/08/24/photon-engineering-newsletter-14/>

New page loading throbber and the Download button is no longer in the
toolbar. It appears when the user starts a download and stays visible
until the user restarts Firefox.

I thought it missing was a bug and turned out there was a bug to remove
the Download button. I think they should have waited until all parts
were completed before removing it.

Quantum engineering newsletter #20

> It is worth mentioning that lately while lurking on various tech news and blog sites where Nightly users comment, I have seen quite a few positive comments about Nightly performance from users

<https://ehsanakhgari.org/blog/2017-08-18/quantum-flow-engineering-newsletter-20>

Happy reading!

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: Firefox 57 news.

EE-2
WaltS48 wrote:

> Photon engineering newsletter #13
>
> <https://msujaws.wordpress.com/2017/08/18/photon-engineering-newsletter-13/>
>

> There was a bit of complaining about the logo changes. We are back to
> the new normal for Nightly.
>
> Photon engineering newsletter #14
>
> <https://mikeconley.ca/blog/2017/08/24/photon-engineering-newsletter-14/>
>
> New page loading throbber and the Download button is no longer in the
> toolbar. It appears when the user starts a download and stays visible
> until the user restarts Firefox.
>
> I thought it missing was a bug and turned out there was a bug to remove
> the Download button. I think they should have waited until all parts
> were completed before removing it.
>
> Quantum engineering newsletter #20
>
>> It is worth mentioning that lately while lurking on various tech news
>> and blog sites where Nightly users comment, I have seen quite a few
>> positive comments about Nightly performance from users
>
> <https://ehsanakhgari.org/blog/2017-08-18/quantum-flow-engineering-newsletter-20>
>

> Happy reading!

So they changed the logo to indicate that this is a completely different
browser than before?  I guess that makes sense.

Re: Firefox 57 news.

Jeff Grossman-2
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 14:31:23 -0700, EE wrote:

>WaltS48 wrote:
>> Photon engineering newsletter #13
>>
>> <https://msujaws.wordpress.com/2017/08/18/photon-engineering-newsletter-13/>
>>

>> There was a bit of complaining about the logo changes. We are back to
>> the new normal for Nightly.
>>
>> Photon engineering newsletter #14
>>
>> <https://mikeconley.ca/blog/2017/08/24/photon-engineering-newsletter-14/>
>>
>> New page loading throbber and the Download button is no longer in the
>> toolbar. It appears when the user starts a download and stays visible
>> until the user restarts Firefox.
>>
>> I thought it missing was a bug and turned out there was a bug to remove
>> the Download button. I think they should have waited until all parts
>> were completed before removing it.
>>
>> Quantum engineering newsletter #20
>>
>>> It is worth mentioning that lately while lurking on various tech news
>>> and blog sites where Nightly users comment, I have seen quite a few
>>> positive comments about Nightly performance from users
>>
>> <https://ehsanakhgari.org/blog/2017-08-18/quantum-flow-engineering-newsletter-20>
>>

>> Happy reading!
>>
>So they changed the logo to indicate that this is a completely different
>browser than before?  I guess that makes sense.

I kind of liked the different logos.  It is interesting and fun to see
what logo was going to be there each day.