Firefox 4 b5 & b6 : accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS) returns 0x80070057?

Firefox 4 b5 & b6 : accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS) returns 0x80070057?

sylvain.werdefroy
Hi All,

I have just installed Firefox 4 beta 6 on two of my computers, both
running Windows XP SP3.

On the first one, calling accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS) on
IAccessible interface returns S_OK, just like with previous versions.

On the second one, calling accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS)
systematically returns 0x80070057.

I am nearly sure my code is not mistaken and I suppose the trouble
comes from a bad installation, because of the behaviour of tools like
Microsoft Inspect32 or MozInspect (a tool Aaron gave me a couples of
years ago) : on the "good" computer, you can reach all fields of html
pages, on the "bad" computer, you just see the top level window, the
system menu and the title bar...

I tried to desinstall, reinstall, reboot, beta 5, beta 6, always the
same bad behaviour on the same computer... I also tried to register/
unregister the accessiblemarshal.dll... but no way.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks!

Sylvain

Re: Firefox 4 b5 & b6 : accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS) returns 0x80070057?

David Bolter-3
  Hi Sylvain,

Are you 100% sure the "good" computer has FF4 beta6?

What is the problem you are trying to solve via NAVRELATION_EMBEDS? We
might have an alternate solution for you.

Cheers,
David

On 21/09/10 6:35 AM, Sylvain wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have just installed Firefox 4 beta 6 on two of my computers, both
> running Windows XP SP3.
>
> On the first one, calling accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS) on
> IAccessible interface returns S_OK, just like with previous versions.
>
> On the second one, calling accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS)
> systematically returns 0x80070057.
>
> I am nearly sure my code is not mistaken and I suppose the trouble
> comes from a bad installation, because of the behaviour of tools like
> Microsoft Inspect32 or MozInspect (a tool Aaron gave me a couples of
> years ago) : on the "good" computer, you can reach all fields of html
> pages, on the "bad" computer, you just see the top level window, the
> system menu and the title bar...
>
> I tried to desinstall, reinstall, reboot, beta 5, beta 6, always the
> same bad behaviour on the same computer... I also tried to register/
> unregister the accessiblemarshal.dll... but no way.
>
> Does anybody have a clue?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sylvain

Re: Firefox 4 b5 & b6 : accNavigate(NAVRELATION_EMBEDS) returns 0x80070057?

sylvain.werdefroy
Hi David,

> Are you 100% sure the "good" computer has FF4 beta6?
Yes, I do. The look & feel is different and I have checked the
classes: the top level window is MozillaWindowClass (in FF3 it was
MozillaUIWindowClass).
But on my 2 computers, both FF3 & FF4 are installed.
It perfectly works on my "good" computer with both FF3 & FF4.
On my bad computer, it only works with FF3.

> What is the problem you are trying to solve via NAVRELATION_EMBEDS? We might have an alternate solution for you.
My problem is to get a IAccessible pointer, in order ton parse the
HTML and get informations about the content with the
ISimpleDOMDocument interface. Here is a peace of code:
                hr=AccessibleObjectFromWindow(w,(DWORD)OBJID_CLIENT,IID_IAccessible,
(void**)&pAccessible);
                if (FAILED(hr)) ...

                VARIANT vtStart,vtResult;
                vtStart.vt=VT_I4;
                vtStart.lVal=CHILDID_SELF;
                hr=pAccessible->accNavigate(0x1009,vtStart,&vtResult); //
NAVRELATION_EMBEDS = 0x1009
                if (FAILED(hr)) ...
                if (vtResult.vt!=VT_DISPATCH)...
                pIDispatch=(IDispatch*)vtResult.lVal;
                if (pIDispatch==NULL)...

                hr =pIDispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IServiceProvider, (void**)
&pServiceProvider);
                if (FAILED(hr))...
                hr =pServiceProvider->QueryService(refguid,IID_ISimpleDOMDocument,
(void**) &pSimpleDOMDocument);
                if (FAILED(hr))...

But please have a look at screen captures here: http://www.swsso.fr/dev/firefox
(I used the Microsoft Inspect32 tool.)
- FF4-OK-topwindow.PNG : the yellow rectangle is on the top level
window -> OK
- FF4-OK-window.PNG : the yellow rectangle is on a HTLM element -> OK
- FF4-BAD-topwindow.PNG : the yellow rectangle is on the top level
window -> OK
- FF4-BAD-window.PNG : it is impossible to set the yellow rectangle on
a HTLM element -> NOT OK: Nothing can be explored inside the yellow
hilighted element!

Perhaps a conflict between FF3 & FF4? I will try to remove FF3 and FF4
before re-installing FF4.

Sylvain