Firefox 38 beta 7 parsing problem

Ron Klein-2
I have installed Firefox 38 beta 7.  It seems to be working well for
almost everything I have tried.  When invoking Firefox from my mail
reader (MR2ICE), I get an error "File not found".  With my current
version of Firefox 31.8. the address line reads
'file:///g:/tmp/mail.htm'.  With Firefox 38 beta 7, the address line
reads 'file:///g://tmp//mail.htm'.This appears to be a change in
parsing the command line parameters from earlier versions of Firefox.
Is there a setting or change to about:config that addresses this, or is
this a bug?

Ron

Re: Firefox 38 beta 7 parsing problem

Dave Yeo-3
Ron Klein wrote:

> I have installed Firefox 38 beta 7.  It seems to be working well for
> almost everything I have tried.  When invoking Firefox from my mail
> reader (MR2ICE), I get an error "File not found".  With my current
> version of Firefox 31.8. the address line reads
> 'file:///g:/tmp/mail.htm'.  With Firefox 38 beta 7, the address line
> reads 'file:///g://tmp//mail.htm'.This appears to be a change in
> parsing the command line parameters from earlier versions of Firefox.
> Is there a setting or change to about:config that addresses this, or is
> this a bug?

Sounds like a bug, there was a commit about a month back, "Fix passing
command line arguments to running instance"
How are you starting FF?
Anyways might be an idea to open an issue at github
Dave

Re: Firefox 38 beta 7 parsing problem

Ron Klein-2
Thanks for your reply, Dave.  Firefox is started from a normal program
object, and is already running.  Invoking Firefox from MR2ICE opens a
new tab in the existing Firefox.  No other Mozilla app is running, and
no cmd file is used to start Firefox.

Issuing the following command from an os/2 command line results in the
same error:
e:\firefox38\firefox.exe file:///g:\tmp\mail.htm
Firefox is not running, the file does exist.  Using the file open
dialog works .

Ron