Firefox 34 release date moving to Dec 1/2

Firefox 34 release date moving to Dec 1/2

Lawrence Mandel-2
The Firefox 34 release date will move out one week from Nov 25 to Dec 1/2. This change impacts Firefox Desktop, Firefox for Android, Firefox ESR, and Thunderbird. The purpose of this change is to allow for an additional week of stabilization during the 34 cycle.

Details of the change:
- Release date change from Nov 25 to Dec 1/2 (need to determine the date that works best given the work week)
- Merge date change from Tue, Nov 24 to Fri, Nov 28
- Two additional desktop betas (10 and 11) will be added to the calendar this week on our usual beta build schedule (build Mon and Thu, release Tue and Fri)
- One additional mobile beta (beta 11) will be added to the schedule. Note that mobile beta 10 will gtb on schedule on Mon. Mobile beta 11 will gtb on Thu with desktop in order to be ready early the following week.
- RC builds will happen on Mon, Nov 24

Note that we are effectively moving an extra week that we had previously added to the 35 Beta cycle in the 34 Beta cycle. 35 will have a 7 week Aurora cycle instead of a 7 week Beta cycle.

Follow-up questions to dev-planning please.

Lawrence

Re: Firefox 34 release date moving to Dec 1/2

Eric Shepherd
Is there a particular reason for adding a week to the beta cycle for Firefox 34?

Also, does this mean that we are likewise shifting the Firefox 35 date, or will the next cycle be shortened by a week?

Eric Shepherd
Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 17, 2014, at 7:01 AM, Lawrence Mandel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The Firefox 34 release date will move out one week from Nov 25 to Dec 1/2. This change impacts Firefox Desktop, Firefox for Android, Firefox ESR, and Thunderbird. The purpose of this change is to allow for an additional week of stabilization during the 34 cycle.

Re: Firefox 34 release date moving to Dec 1/2

Kevin Brosnan
Shortened by a week however 35 beta cycle was to be 7 weeks so it is now 6
weeks as normal. https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar (which
needs to be updated) The dates following 35 release are correct.

Kevin

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Eric Shepherd <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Is there a particular reason for adding a week to the beta cycle for
> Firefox 34?
>
> Also, does this mean that we are likewise shifting the Firefox 35 date, or
> will the next cycle be shortened by a week?
>
> Eric Shepherd
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Nov 17, 2014, at 7:01 AM, Lawrence Mandel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > The Firefox 34 release date will move out one week from Nov 25 to Dec
> 1/2. This change impacts Firefox Desktop, Firefox for Android, Firefox ESR,
> and Thunderbird. The purpose of this change is to allow for an additional
> week of stabilization during the 34 cycle.

Re: Firefox 34 release date moving to Dec 1/2

Eric Shepherd
OK. That's what I thought I understood but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!