Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

WaltS48

    Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4

29 Oct 2014

  * 38 changesets
  * 64 files changed
  * 869 insertions
  * 625 deletions

Firefox Release Management
<http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Ed Mullen-9
WaltS48 wrote on 10/29/2014 6:51 PM:

>
>     Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4
>
> 29 Oct 2014
>
>   * 38 changesets
>   * 64 files changed
>   * 869 insertions
>   * 625 deletions
>
> Firefox Release Management
> <http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>
>
> Enjoy!
>

You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me more
clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for making
these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your reason is
religious, please DON'T!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/
Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

WaltS48
On 10/30/2014 09:02 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote on 10/29/2014 6:51 PM:
>>
>>     Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4
>>
>> 29 Oct 2014
>>
>>   * 38 changesets
>>   * 64 files changed
>>   * 869 insertions
>>   * 625 deletions
>>
>> Firefox Release Management
>> <http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>
>>
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>
> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me more
> clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for making
> these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your reason is
> religious, please DON'T!
>


Aw you poor old codger. :-( You should see all the annoying posts I
click through each day.

Do all the Beta track users get the Release Management post with the
list of bug fixes in that notification?

Are any of you Beta users wondering why there is no mention of the
Forget feature in the Beta release notes?

Have you even noticed the Forget icon in customize, or don't you look to
see if there is anything new?

Why didn't all those Beta testers report problems with drivers before
Firefox 33.0 was released, so Mozilla wouldn't have to release two
chemspills since the release of Firefox 33.0.

Are you testing any of the new features like Forget, or Firefox Hello?

Millions of Beta testers, and no bug filers. Great Job guys and girls!

Stay tuned for the Firefox 34.0b5 is out post.


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

»Q«
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Ed Mullen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me
> more clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for
> making these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your
> reason is religious, please DON'T!

I'm not a beta user (I use nightlies a bit) but I want to see
what's riding the beta to release and what problems they're dealing
with in the process, so I appreciate these posts.

Walt's Subject headers for these posts consistently contain
"Firefox [...] is out" or "Firefox [...] and Thunderbird [...] are
out", so they should be very easy for you to filter and never see again.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Ron Hunter
In reply to this post by WaltS48
On 10/30/2014 8:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 10/30/2014 09:02 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote on 10/29/2014 6:51 PM:
>>>
>>>     Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4
>>>
>>> 29 Oct 2014
>>>
>>>   * 38 changesets
>>>   * 64 files changed
>>>   * 869 insertions
>>>   * 625 deletions
>>>
>>> Firefox Release Management
>>> <http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>
>>>
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>
>> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
>> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
>> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
>> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
>> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me more
>> clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for making
>> these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your reason is
>> religious, please DON'T!
>>
>
>
> Aw you poor old codger. :-( You should see all the annoying posts I
> click through each day.
>
> Do all the Beta track users get the Release Management post with the
> list of bug fixes in that notification?
>
> Are any of you Beta users wondering why there is no mention of the
> Forget feature in the Beta release notes?
>
> Have you even noticed the Forget icon in customize, or don't you look to
> see if there is anything new?
>
> Why didn't all those Beta testers report problems with drivers before
> Firefox 33.0 was released, so Mozilla wouldn't have to release two
> chemspills since the release of Firefox 33.0.
>
> Are you testing any of the new features like Forget, or Firefox Hello?
>
> Millions of Beta testers, and no bug filers. Great Job guys and girls!
>
> Stay tuned for the Firefox 34.0b5 is out post.
>
>
Some of use have no idea what either of those features are, and probably
wouldn't want to use them in any case.  I have been using the beta
versions for some time, but rarely file bugs because the beta versions
almost always work just fine for me.  If they want new features tried
out, then they should explain what they are, what the do, and how to use
them.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Daniel
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
On 31/10/2014 12:02 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

<Snip>

> I have to click through

Gee, I thought you were so clicky (cliquey), Ed!! :-P

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.30 Build identifier: 20141009214701
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Morganna
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
On 30-Oct-2014 21:02, Ed Mullen wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote on 10/29/2014 6:51 PM:
>>
>>     Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4
>>
>> 29 Oct 2014
>>
>>   * 38 changesets
>>   * 64 files changed
>>   * 869 insertions
>>   * 625 deletions
>>
>> Firefox Release Management
>> <http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>
> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me more
> clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for making
> these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your reason is
> religious, please DON'T!
>

omg, someone forgot to take is meds. :-(
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Ann Watson-5
In reply to this post by WaltS48
On 30/10/2014 9:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> Do all the Beta track users get the Release Management post with the
> list of bug fixes in that notification?

No, I don't think I do.

> Are any of you Beta users wondering why there is no mention of the
> Forget feature in the Beta release notes?
>
> Have you even noticed the Forget icon in customize, or don't you look to
> see if there is anything new?

Saw it but have no clue what it is about.

> Why didn't all those Beta testers report problems with drivers before
> Firefox 33.0 was released, so Mozilla wouldn't have to release two
> chemspills since the release of Firefox 33.0.

Didn't notice any major driver problems with Firefox 33. Have noticed a
few presumably video driver issues in Ffx 34 beta.  They're worse in
Thunderbird 33 beta.  My laptop is going into its 6th year - perhaps
that's the problem?

> Are you testing any of the new features like Forget, or Firefox Hello?

Not testing Forget because I don't know what it is nor Firefox Hello
because I'm not a "chat" person.

> Millions of Beta testers, and no bug filers. Great Job guys and girls!

I guess enabling Telemetry and Crash Reporter isn't sufficient?


> Stay tuned for the Firefox 34.0b5 is out post.

I do appreciate your notifications.

AW


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

WaltS48
On 10/31/2014 07:49 AM, Ann Watson wrote:
> On 30/10/2014 9:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>
>> Do all the Beta track users get the Release Management post with the
>> list of bug fixes in that notification?
>
> No, I don't think I do.


I probably should have asked if anyone is interested. The complaints
about Mozilla not fixing bugs was what inspired me to start these beta
release announcement posts. I think I've made my point and could
probably stop, but I'm not.

>
>> Are any of you Beta users wondering why there is no mention of the
>> Forget feature in the Beta release notes?
>>
>> Have you even noticed the Forget icon in customize, or don't you look to
>> see if there is anything new?
>
> Saw it but have no clue what it is about.

[This is Firefox's new Privacy Button - gHacks Tech
News](http://www.ghacks.net/2014/09/27/this-is-firefoxs-new-privacy-button/)

>
>> Why didn't all those Beta testers report problems with drivers before
>> Firefox 33.0 was released, so Mozilla wouldn't have to release two
>> chemspills since the release of Firefox 33.0.
>
> Didn't notice any major driver problems with Firefox 33. Have noticed
> a few presumably video driver issues in Ffx 34 beta. They're worse in
> Thunderbird 33 beta.  My laptop is going into its 6th year - perhaps
> that's the problem?
>
>> Are you testing any of the new features like Forget, or Firefox Hello?
>
> Not testing Forget because I don't know what it is nor Firefox Hello
> because I'm not a "chat" person.

You don't talk to friends and family on the phone or use Skype? Replace
them with Firefox Hello.

[Test the new Firefox Hello WebRTC feature in Firefox Beta | Future
Releases](http://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2014/10/16/test-the-new-firefox-hello-webrtc-feature-in-firefox-beta/)

>
>> Millions of Beta testers, and no bug filers. Great Job guys and girls!
>
> I guess enabling Telemetry and Crash Reporter isn't sufficient?

Those would not report a black screen on startup.


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

WaltS48
In reply to this post by Morganna
On 10/31/2014 06:40 AM, Morganna wrote:

> On 30-Oct-2014 21:02, Ed Mullen wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote on 10/29/2014 6:51 PM:
>>>
>>>     Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4
>>>
>>> 29 Oct 2014
>>>
>>>   * 38 changesets
>>>   * 64 files changed
>>>   * 869 insertions
>>>   * 625 deletions
>>>
>>> Firefox Release Management
>>> <http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>
>>>
>>>
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>
>> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
>> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
>> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
>> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
>> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me more
>> clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for making
>> these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your reason is
>> religious, please DON'T!
>>
>
> omg, someone forgot to take is meds. :-(

I see 17 posts just in m.general I have to click through. Haven't looked
at the other 22 mozilla newsgroups or 2 mailing lists I'm subscribed to
yet. But I do see some have no new posts.

Well, okay I could just right click on m.general and "Mark Newsgroup Read".
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

WaltS48
In reply to this post by Ron Hunter
On 10/31/2014 03:20 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 10/30/2014 8:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 10/30/2014 09:02 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> WaltS48 wrote on 10/29/2014 6:51 PM:
>>>>
>>>>     Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4
>>>>
>>>> 29 Oct 2014
>>>>
>>>>   * 38 changesets
>>>>   * 64 files changed
>>>>   * 869 insertions
>>>>   * 625 deletions
>>>>
>>>> Firefox Release Management
>>>> <http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Enjoy!
>>>>
>>>
>>> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
>>> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
>>> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
>>> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
>>> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me more
>>> clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for making
>>> these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your reason is
>>> religious, please DON'T!
>>>
>>
>>
>> Aw you poor old codger. :-( You should see all the annoying posts I
>> click through each day.
>>
>> Do all the Beta track users get the Release Management post with the
>> list of bug fixes in that notification?
>>
>> Are any of you Beta users wondering why there is no mention of the
>> Forget feature in the Beta release notes?
>>
>> Have you even noticed the Forget icon in customize, or don't you look to
>> see if there is anything new?
>>
>> Why didn't all those Beta testers report problems with drivers before
>> Firefox 33.0 was released, so Mozilla wouldn't have to release two
>> chemspills since the release of Firefox 33.0.
>>
>> Are you testing any of the new features like Forget, or Firefox Hello?
>>
>> Millions of Beta testers, and no bug filers. Great Job guys and girls!
>>
>> Stay tuned for the Firefox 34.0b5 is out post.
>>
>>
> Some of use have no idea what either of those features are, and
> probably wouldn't want to use them in any case.  I have been using the
> beta versions for some time, but rarely file bugs because the beta
> versions almost always work just fine for me.  If they want new
> features tried out, then they should explain what they are, what the
> do, and how to use them.
>

I believe they do for Firefox Hello in the release notes. Here is the
link from the release notes in case you missed it.

[Test the new Firefox Hello WebRTC feature in Firefox Beta | Future
Releases](http://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2014/10/16/test-the-new-firefox-hello-webrtc-feature-in-firefox-beta/)

This explains the Forget button which I find quite useful when I'm
directed to sites I don't normally go to, and want to clear cookies and
history. The closing of all tabs and opening a new clean window is a bit
annoying.

[This is Firefox's new Privacy Button - gHacks Tech
News](http://www.ghacks.net/2014/09/27/this-is-firefoxs-new-privacy-button/)

I'll try to be more comprehensive in future posts, even though nobody
wants to discuss these features when I bring them up as separate posts.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

CRPence
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-9
On 30-Oct-2014 20:02 -0500, Ed Mullen wrote:
>
> <<SNIP>>  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me
> more clicks in my life. Unless you have some religious reason for
> making these posts ... please DON'T! Well, actually, even if your
> reason is religious, please DON'T!
>

   A more constructive reply might have been to request if the OP could
please prefix their subject lines with a consistent\predictable string
such as [ANNOUNCE FIREFOX] or [FIREFOX BETA] so as to allow some simple
filtering to act on those messages; e.g. mark-as-read.  Asking for such
prefixing of subjects was typical of NG charters for USENET NewsGroups;
I have seen the same convention established\carried-over on some
mailing-lists\NNTP-groups elsewhere, and I have taken advantage.

   Hmmm... Maybe WaltS48 [if reading this] could consider this reply in
lieu of that request being made directly.?  Not very important to me
however, as I experience no noticeable delay in navigating through the
few extra messages; messages that I can immediately identify by their
subject and\or first few lines of text that either the topic has no
bearing on my life or the topic is something I find uninteresting.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
CRPence <[hidden email]> wrote:

>    A more constructive reply might have been to request if the OP
> could please prefix their subject lines with a consistent\predictable
> string such as [ANNOUNCE FIREFOX] or [FIREFOX BETA] so as to allow
> some simple filtering to act on those messages; e.g. mark-as-read.
> Asking for such prefixing of subjects was typical of NG charters for
> USENET NewsGroups; I have seen the same convention
> established\carried-over on some mailing-lists\NNTP-groups elsewhere,
> and I have taken advantage.

+1

I'd suggest something shorter like [fxβ], but a non-ASCII character
might make it harder to filter with some clients.  Maybe [fxbeta].
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Ron Hunter
In reply to this post by WaltS48
On 10/31/2014 7:53 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 10/31/2014 03:20 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 10/30/2014 8:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 10/30/2014 09:02 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>>> WaltS48 wrote on 10/29/2014 6:51 PM:
>>>>>
>>>>>     Firefox 34 beta3 to beta4
>>>>>
>>>>> 29 Oct 2014
>>>>>
>>>>>   * 38 changesets
>>>>>   * 64 files changed
>>>>>   * 869 insertions
>>>>>   * 625 deletions
>>>>>
>>>>> Firefox Release Management
>>>>> <http://release.mozilla.org/statistics/34/2014/10/29/fx-34-b3-to-b4.html>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Enjoy!
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
>>>> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
>>>> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
>>>> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
>>>> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me more
>>>> clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for making
>>>> these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your reason is
>>>> religious, please DON'T!
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Aw you poor old codger. :-( You should see all the annoying posts I
>>> click through each day.
>>>
>>> Do all the Beta track users get the Release Management post with the
>>> list of bug fixes in that notification?
>>>
>>> Are any of you Beta users wondering why there is no mention of the
>>> Forget feature in the Beta release notes?
>>>
>>> Have you even noticed the Forget icon in customize, or don't you look to
>>> see if there is anything new?
>>>
>>> Why didn't all those Beta testers report problems with drivers before
>>> Firefox 33.0 was released, so Mozilla wouldn't have to release two
>>> chemspills since the release of Firefox 33.0.
>>>
>>> Are you testing any of the new features like Forget, or Firefox Hello?
>>>
>>> Millions of Beta testers, and no bug filers. Great Job guys and girls!
>>>
>>> Stay tuned for the Firefox 34.0b5 is out post.
>>>
>>>
>> Some of use have no idea what either of those features are, and
>> probably wouldn't want to use them in any case.  I have been using the
>> beta versions for some time, but rarely file bugs because the beta
>> versions almost always work just fine for me.  If they want new
>> features tried out, then they should explain what they are, what the
>> do, and how to use them.
>>
>
> I believe they do for Firefox Hello in the release notes. Here is the
> link from the release notes in case you missed it.
>
> [Test the new Firefox Hello WebRTC feature in Firefox Beta | Future
> Releases](http://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2014/10/16/test-the-new-firefox-hello-webrtc-feature-in-firefox-beta/)
>
> This explains the Forget button which I find quite useful when I'm
> directed to sites I don't normally go to, and want to clear cookies and
> history. The closing of all tabs and opening a new clean window is a bit
> annoying.
>
> [This is Firefox's new Privacy Button - gHacks Tech
> News](http://www.ghacks.net/2014/09/27/this-is-firefoxs-new-privacy-button/)
>
> I'll try to be more comprehensive in future posts, even though nobody
> wants to discuss these features when I bring them up as separate posts.
Ok, so Firefox Hello is a chat feature.  I don't do chat, generally
speaking, because the agonizing wait for most people to reply gives me a
very quick headache.  Only my niece who types about 140 wpm gets to chat
with me, and SHE probably hates waiting on my to type a reply...  Grin.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

WaltS48
On 10/31/2014 04:28 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> Ok, so Firefox Hello is a chat feature.  I don't do chat, generally
> speaking, because the agonizing wait for most people to reply gives me
> a very quick headache.  Only my niece who types about 140 wpm gets to
> chat with me, and SHE probably hates waiting on my to type a reply...  
> Grin.


Firefox Hello is a Real Time Communications Video Chat feature. No need
to type, just talk.

I see you didn't read the post I linked to again. You are good at having
no idea what you are discussing... Groan.

"Firefox Hello provides more value to Firefox users by making it easier
to communicate with your friends and family who might not have the same
video chat service, software or hardware as you. It’s free to make voice
and video calls and there’s no need to download software, plugins or
even create an account."
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Christian Riechers-3
In reply to this post by »Q«
On 10/31/2014 03:11 AM, »Q« wrote:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Ed Mullen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> You know, anyone (like me) who is on the Beta track will get the
>> notification without your posts here.  Probably anyone else couldn't
>> care less.  I know you've got good intentions but, really, these are
>> just annoying posts I have to click through while reading the
>> newsgroups. Not doing me any good, just annoying me and giving me
>> more clicks in my life.  Unless you have some religiouis reason for
>> making these posts ... please DON'T!  Well, actually, even if your
>> reason is religious, please DON'T!
>
> I'm not a beta user (I use nightlies a bit) but I want to see
> what's riding the beta to release and what problems they're dealing
> with in the process, so I appreciate these posts.

+1

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Ron Hunter
In reply to this post by WaltS48
On 10/31/2014 3:41 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 10/31/2014 04:28 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Ok, so Firefox Hello is a chat feature.  I don't do chat, generally
>> speaking, because the agonizing wait for most people to reply gives me
>> a very quick headache.  Only my niece who types about 140 wpm gets to
>> chat with me, and SHE probably hates waiting on my to type a reply...
>> Grin.
>
>
> Firefox Hello is a Real Time Communications Video Chat feature. No need
> to type, just talk.
>
> I see you didn't read the post I linked to again. You are good at having
> no idea what you are discussing... Groan.
>
> "Firefox Hello provides more value to Firefox users by making it easier
> to communicate with your friends and family who might not have the same
> video chat service, software or hardware as you. It’s free to make voice
> and video calls and there’s no need to download software, plugins or
> even create an account."

I have an iPhone, so video chat is always at hand, but I NEVER use this
feature.  I have tested it a couple of times with a brother in law, and
a niece, but no one I talk to seems to like to use it.  I can see how
some users would love it, especially when a world away from loved ones,
but for an old retired guy, with busy relatives, it's just one of many
functions I have no use for.  That doesn't mean I object to it being
there, just not something I would use, so my testing of it wouldn't
serve much purpose.

Now what is that 'forget' thing?

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Jeremy Nicoll - ml mozilla groups
In reply to this post by WaltS48
WaltS48 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I probably should have asked if anyone is interested.

I appreciate the trouble you take posting these details.

Thank-you.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

Ann Watson-5
In reply to this post by WaltS48
On 31/10/2014 4:41 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 10/31/2014 04:28 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Ok, so Firefox Hello is a chat feature.  I don't do chat, generally
>> speaking, because the agonizing wait for most people to reply gives me
>> a very quick headache.  Only my niece who types about 140 wpm gets to
>> chat with me, and SHE probably hates waiting on my to type a reply...
>> Grin.
>
>
> Firefox Hello is a Real Time Communications Video Chat feature. No need
> to type, just talk.
>
> I see you didn't read the post I linked to again. You are good at having
> no idea what you are discussing... Groan.
>
> "Firefox Hello provides more value to Firefox users by making it easier
> to communicate with your friends and family who might not have the same
> video chat service, software or hardware as you. It’s free to make voice
> and video calls and there’s no need to download software, plugins or
> even create an account."

I replied to your post with the links re the "Forget" feature and
"Firefox Hello "but it went awry.  Thank you very much for the links.

The "Forget" feature seems redundant for those who already know how to
clear Firefox's cache, history, etc. but might be easier for new users.

I can't see myself using the "Hello" feature on a laptop or desktop as
it would be too stationary for me but would consider using it on a more
portable device.  Will have to see if it's available on the Android
mobile beta.

AW




_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox 34.0b4 is out.

RAV-2
In reply to this post by WaltS48
On 11/1/2014 6:54 AM, Jeremy Nicoll - ml mozilla groups wrote:
> WaltS48 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I probably should have asked if anyone is interested.
>
> I appreciate the trouble you take posting these details.
>
> Thank-you.
>

I second that.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
12