Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Wayne A DeAngelo
I'm wondering if anyone is seeing the Firefox 3 crash at will when
running with the latest JAWS private beta? The levels are as follows:
Firefox 3 nightly build 20070326 and JAWS 8.0.2023. All you have to do
to get Firefox to crash is to start tabbing through any website.

Re: [Bulk] Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Jonathan Chetwynd
I had an email recently confirming that JAWS isn't ready for ff3 yet,
it is a beta.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

" Jaws support for this isn't
quite there yet.  Gave it a try anyway but Jaws just won't focus on FF
for more than a couple of seconds."

On 27 Mar 2007, at 14:17, wayned wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone is seeing the Firefox 3 crash at will when
running with the latest JAWS private beta? The levels are as follows:
Firefox 3 nightly build 20070326 and JAWS 8.0.2023. All you have to do
to get Firefox to crash is to start tabbing through any website.

RE: [Bulk] Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Pratik Patel-3
JAWS isn't ready for FF 2.x either much less FF 3.X.

Pratik

RE: [Bulk] Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Sina Bahram
Aaron and I have conversations , almost every week or two now, concerning
jaws and ff2 ... While I think that things could be better regarding
efficiency, speed of browsing, and so on with jaws: ff2 has really done its
part in offering the accessibility information. I really think it's
comprable to IE with respect to accessibility, but in my opinion it just
hasn't surpassed it yet in terms of speed and stability. The only factors in
the way are time, some effort from the truly wonderful people in this hard
working and innovative community, and some further releases.

Take care,
Sina

JAWS isn't ready for FF 2.x either much less FF 3.X.

Pratik

RE: [Bulk] Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Pratik Patel-3
Sina,

I still find quite a few persistent bugs with the latest versions of JAWS
and FF 2.  some of them I consider to be quite significant.  And, until
those are resolved, I would still argue that IE and FF access is not yet
comprable when using JAWS.  It's a different case with Window-eyes.  These
bugs have more to do with Freedomscientific than FF.  I do agree that FF 3,
with its new technology implementations and with the community support,
stands to surpass the current level of access.

I don't know if you received my list of bug additions that I forwarded
several weeks ago.  I'm happy to reforward them if you like.  The most
difficult bug that we can't get around is JAWS skipping spaces between
words, conflating words--making speech almost impossible at times.

Pratik

JAWS isn't ready for FF 2.x either much less FF 3.X.

Pratik

RE: [Bulk] Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Sina Bahram
Let's work through them and try to resolve them.

Are they filed as official jaws bugs or as official firefox bugs?

Take care,
Sina

JAWS isn't ready for FF 2.x either much less FF 3.X.

Pratik

Re: Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Victor Tsaran
OK, just saw this...
I suspect the Thunderbird crashes and Firefox crashes have the same root.
They also happen with Window-eyes 6.1.
Vic

wayned wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone is seeing the Firefox 3 crash at will when
> running with the latest JAWS private beta? The levels are as follows:
> Firefox 3 nightly build 20070326 and JAWS 8.0.2023. All you have to do
> to get Firefox to crash is to start tabbing through any website.

Re: Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Aaron Leventhal-3
Two things people could help with:

1) Does it happen with any web page, even
about:blank? Or does it require a web page with
say, a combo box, or some specific HTML construct?
2) What day did it break? Mozilla publishes
nightly trunk builds here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/

Either #1 or #2 would be of great help.

Wayne, has a bug been filed?

- Aaron

Victor Tsaran wrote:

> OK, just saw this...
> I suspect the Thunderbird crashes and Firefox crashes have the same root.
> They also happen with Window-eyes 6.1.
> Vic
>
> wayned wrote:
>> I'm wondering if anyone is seeing the Firefox 3 crash at will when
>> running with the latest JAWS private beta? The levels are as follows:
>> Firefox 3 nightly build 20070326 and JAWS 8.0.2023. All you have to do
>> to get Firefox to crash is to start tabbing through any website.

Re: Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Wayne A DeAngelo
On Apr 1, 12:51 am, Aaron Leventhal <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Two things people could help with:
>
> 1) Does it happen with any web page, even
> about:blank? Or does it require a web page with
> say, a combo box, or some specific HTML construct?
> 2) What day did it break? Mozilla publishes
> nightly trunk builds here:http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/
>
> Either #1 or #2 would be of great help.
>
> Wayne, has a bug been filed?
>
> - Aaron
>
> Victor Tsaran wrote:
> > OK, just saw this...
> > I suspect the Thunderbird crashes and Firefox crashes have the same root.
> > They also happen with Window-eyes 6.1.
> > Vic
>
> > wayned wrote:
> >> I'm wondering if anyone is seeing the Firefox 3 crash at will when
> >> running with the latest JAWS private beta? The levels are as follows:
> >> Firefox 3 nightly build 20070326 and JAWS 8.0.2023. All you have to do
> >> to get Firefox to crash is to start tabbing through any website.

Aaron, please refer to bug 376239, all your questions answered.

Re: Firefox 3 crashes when running with latest beta JAWS

Victor Tsaran
Hello Aaron,
I can't speak for Firefox, but Thunderbird broke somewhere on March 14-15.
Vic