Firefox 3 and Jaws 8 - select lists not read properly

Firefox 3 and Jaws 8 - select lists not read properly

mozilla accessibility
... It was not mentioned on the jaws issues page:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessibility:_JAWS_Issues_with_Firefox

Is this a Firefox or Jaws issue? I don't know enough about internals to know
which. In any case, I can forward a simple test page and the Jaws results to
the list if people want to see it. Otherwise, tell me where I should post
the results if not already known/posted.

thanx much.
-- Rich Caloggero

Re: Firefox 3 and Jaws 8 - select lists not read properly

Aaron Leventhal-3
Actually select lists currently work as far as I know. Have you tried it with
alpha 7 or a nightly build?

Tim K, have you seen any problems?

The best thing to do is file a bug in bugzilla.mozilla.org and attach the
testcase there. Put it under product = Core (that's under Other) and component =
Disability access APIs

- Aaron

Rich Caloggero wrote:

> ... It was not mentioned on the jaws issues page:
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessibility:_JAWS_Issues_with_Firefox
>
> Is this a Firefox or Jaws issue? I don't know enough about internals to know
> which. In any case, I can forward a simple test page and the Jaws results to
> the list if people want to see it. Otherwise, tell me where I should post
> the results if not already known/posted.
>
> thanx much.
> -- Rich Caloggero

Re: Firefox 3 and Jaws 8 - select lists not read properly

Tim Keenan
Hi Rich,
I'm not sure what you mean by "not read properly."  The best thing to do
is file a bug with a testcase, as Aaron said.  There seem to be some
problems on a global basis (with any browser and any screen-reader)
regarding determining which option is selected while in the virtual
buffer.  I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about.