Firefox 3 Beta 2

Axel Hecht
Hi,

first of all, sorry, this is a way late announcement. There has been
some confusion on the release-drivers list on how we're doing l10n for
fx3b2, which delayed things badly.

So here's the deal:

en-US is mostly frozen, hopefully no string changes.

We'll be starting builds sometime on Monday PST.

Lockdown for l10n is Monday 8:00 am UTC.

I'll try to lock down the l10n repository for 24 hours following that,
to give us some room for late decisions and mess ups.

The rules to bet into B2 are similar to B1:

- tinderbox Mozilla-l10n-% for your locale needs to be green on all
three platform.
- tinderbox MozillaTest, or http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/waterfall
needs to be green
- no non-approved changes to search/rss, bookmarks OK and all that
- opt-in

Please follow up to this post (make sure that threading works) to opt-in
for B2.

I'm not exactly sure what to do with locales that shipped in B1 and
didn't explicitly opt-in, I'll just try to postpone that decision until
I have to make it.

Again, sorry for the late announcement, the best thing I can say about
it that I made it before the weekend.

Axel

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
On Dec 7, 2007 11:06 AM, Axel Hecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first of all, sorry, this is a way late announcement. There has been
> some confusion on the release-drivers list on how we're doing l10n for
> fx3b2, which delayed things badly.
>
> So here's the deal:
>
> en-US is mostly frozen, hopefully no string changes.
>
> We'll be starting builds sometime on Monday PST.
>
> Lockdown for l10n is Monday 8:00 am UTC.
>
> I'll try to lock down the l10n repository for 24 hours following that,
> to give us some room for late decisions and mess ups.
>
> The rules to bet into B2 are similar to B1:
>
> - tinderbox Mozilla-l10n-% for your locale needs to be green on all
> three platform.
> - tinderbox MozillaTest, or http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/waterfall
> needs to be green
> - no non-approved changes to search/rss, bookmarks OK and all that
> - opt-in
>
> Please follow up to this post (make sure that threading works) to opt-in
> for B2.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what to do with locales that shipped in B1 and
> didn't explicitly opt-in, I'll just try to postpone that decision until
> I have to make it.
>
> Again, sorry for the late announcement, the best thing I can say about
> it that I made it before the weekend.
>
> Axel

Please include Basque (eu) in B2. All is green at the moment.

Thank you very much,

Julen.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Ahmet Serkan Tıratacı
Axel Hecht yazmış:

> - tinderbox Mozilla-l10n-% for your locale needs to be green on all
> three platform.
> - tinderbox MozillaTest, or http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/waterfall
> needs to be green

Everywhere is green!

> - no non-approved changes to search/rss, bookmarks OK and all that

No chance since Firefox 2.

> - opt-in

Please add Turkish (tr) locale to beta 2 production.

Serkan

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Ankit Patel
Please include Gujarati (gu-IN) as well for B2... It should be green now...

[...]

      Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Wim-7
Axel,

fy-NL will probably turn green in an hour or so , so please opt-in.
I will do a doublecheck somewhere this weekend.

Kind regards,
Wim

> Hi,
>
> first of all, sorry, this is a way late announcement. There has been
> some confusion on the release-drivers list on how we're doing l10n for
> fx3b2, which delayed things badly.
>
> So here's the deal:
>
> en-US is mostly frozen, hopefully no string changes.
>
> We'll be starting builds sometime on Monday PST.
>
> Lockdown for l10n is Monday 8:00 am UTC.
>
> I'll try to lock down the l10n repository for 24 hours following that,
> to give us some room for late decisions and mess ups.
>
> The rules to bet into B2 are similar to B1:
>
> - tinderbox Mozilla-l10n-% for your locale needs to be green on all
> three platform.
> - tinderbox MozillaTest, or http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/waterfall
> needs to be green
> - no non-approved changes to search/rss, bookmarks OK and all that
> - opt-in
>
> Please follow up to this post (make sure that threading works) to opt-in
> for B2.
>
> I'm not exactly sure what to do with locales that shipped in B1 and
> didn't explicitly opt-in, I'll just try to postpone that decision until
> I have to make it.
>
> Again, sorry for the late announcement, the best thing I can say about
> it that I made it before the weekend.
>
> Axel

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

flod
Please include Italian (it) in Beta 2: right now all tinderbox builds
are green.

Search engines and bookmarks are not changed from Firefox 2.x: I've just
modified a description in bookmarks,html because it wasn't fully
displayed on Mac Os X.
http://bonsai-l10n.mozilla.org/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mode=show&root=/l10n&subdir=l10n/it/browser/profile&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&root=/l10n&file=bookmarks.html&rev1=1.11&rev2=1.12

Francesco.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Cédric Corazza

Please include the French locale for beta 2. All tinderboxes are green,
searchplugins and bookmarks unchanged, bug 402951 is fixed, daily usage
with nightlies for a couple of weeks on all platforms. We'll try to fix
some dialogs/windows sizes before /l10n cvs tree closing.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Toni Hermoso Pulido
Catalan (ca) locale too :) We've already solved searchplugins issues...
Anyway, is there going to be any published list of accepted locales?
In Mozilla wiki, for instance...

2007/12/7, Cédric Corazza <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Please include the French locale for beta 2. All tinderboxes are green,
> searchplugins and bookmarks unchanged, bug 402951 is fixed, daily usage
> with nightlies for a couple of weeks on all platforms. We'll try to fix
> some dialogs/windows sizes before /l10n cvs tree closing.

Toni Hermoso Pulido
http://www.cau.cat

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Håvard Mork-2
Axel Hecht skrev:
> - opt-in

Norwegian bokmål (nb-NO) opts in for B2, too.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Erdal Ronahi
Hi,

please include Kurdish (ku), all is green since today.

Regards,
Erdal

On Dec 8, 2007 12:11 AM, Håvard Mork <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Axel Hecht skrev:
> > - opt-in
>
> Norwegian bokmål (nb-NO) opts in for B2, too.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Marcelo Poli-2
es-AR is green. We opt-in for B2.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Tomer
Axel Hecht wrote:
> - opt-in

Hebrew is green. Please include us in the Beta 2 release.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Tomer

Toni Hermoso Pulido wrote:
> Catalan (ca) locale too :) We've already solved searchplugins issues...
> Anyway, is there going to be any published list of accepted locales?
> In Mozilla wiki, for instance...

I'm keeping track of the opted-in locales in a json file on my macbook,
which is going to power http://l10n.mozilla.org/~axel/Firefox3/Beta2/,
which is going to look similar to what
http://l10n.mozilla.org/~axel/Firefox3/Beta1/ looks like.

Axel

> 2007/12/7, Cédric Corazza <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please include the French locale for beta 2. All tinderboxes are green,
>> searchplugins and bookmarks unchanged, bug 402951 is fixed, daily usage
>> with nightlies for a couple of weeks on all platforms. We'll try to fix
>> some dialogs/windows sizes before /l10n cvs tree closing.

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Kostas Papadimas-3
O/H Axel Hecht έγραψε:
> - opt-in

Please include Greek (el) to the Beta 2 release.

Kostas

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Hasse-2
In article <[hidden email]>, Axel Hecht wrote...

Please include sv-SE in Beta 2 release.

--
Hasse
sv-SE l10n team

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Channy Yun-2

> - opt-in

ko is already green.
please include ko locale for beta 2 release

Channy

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Axel Hecht
Marcelo Poli wrote:
> es-AR is green. We opt-in for B2.

Actually, the newlines in bookmarks.html in es-AR badly confuse the
bookmarks parser in our testing routines right now, so the checks on the
python platform don't complete :-/.

Could you put the links in all one line again?

Axel

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

Mad Maks
Axel Hecht schreef:
> - opt-in
>
> Please follow up to this post (make sure that threading works) to opt-in
> for B2.

please include nl, tinderbox is green

Re: Firefox 3 Beta 2

willyaranda
Hi Axel, please, add es-ES in the release.

Thanks