Firefox 2 Beta 2 Localization Freeze this Friday, August 25, 2006 at 15:00:00 UTC

Firefox 2 Beta 2 Localization Freeze this Friday, August 25, 2006 at 15:00:00 UTC

Mike Connor-3
In order to start on localized builds for Beta 2 as soon as possible, we
are setting a code freeze for translations at Friday, August 25, 2006 at
15:00:00 UTC.  Barring something new and unexpected, we have now reached
complete string freeze (with the traditional exception of Help).  en-US
testing is already in progress, with candidate builds expected to be
posted soon.

This freeze point is the maximum amount available within the current
schedule and is a very firm date.  Locales that are not ready by the
cutoff will either miss the beta, or force us to delay the worldwide
ship date.  Please reply here if this is going to be a problem.

Mike Connor
Firefox Lead, Mozilla Corporation

Re: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Localization Freeze this Friday, August 25, 2006 at 15:00:00 UTC

Damjan Georgievski
Mike Connor wrote:

> Barring something new and unexpected, we have now reached
> complete string freeze (with the traditional exception of Help).

Is this a string freeze for beta2 or for 2.0 final?

--
damjan

Re: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Localization Freeze this Friday, August 25, 2006 at 15:00:00 UTC

Axel Hecht
Damjan Georgievski wrote:
> Mike Connor wrote:
>
>> Barring something new and unexpected, we have now reached
>> complete string freeze (with the traditional exception of Help).
>
> Is this a string freeze for beta2 or for 2.0 final?

My latest information is that it's freeze for b2. The actual release
planning is something we may want to chat about tomorrow.

Axel