Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
Are you ready?

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

David Boles-2
On 7/16/2012 4:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> Are you ready?

I am waiting for 17.0a1 myself.

--

  David

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

WaltS-3
On 07/16/2012 04:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> Are you ready?

RTMs?

I'll be anxiously awaiting Firefox, and Thunderbird 17.0a1. :)

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 7/16/2012
1:17 PM:
> On 07/16/2012 04:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> Are you ready?
>
> RTMs?

Release To Manufacturing

Not exactly applicable but close enough.

> I'll be anxiously awaiting Firefox, and Thunderbird 17.0a1. :)

heh, I've given up working too far ahead. Mostly it's just the Beta
releases I work on.

On 07/16/2012 04:25 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 7/16/2012
> 1:17 PM:
>> On 07/16/2012 04:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> Are you ready?
>>
>> RTMs?
>>
> Release To Manufacturing
>
> Not exactly applicable but close enough.
>
>> I'll be anxiously awaiting Firefox, and Thunderbird 17.0a1. :)
>>
> heh, I've given up working too far ahead. Mostly it's just the Beta
> releases I work on.

Got it!

You develop themes, so that's understandable. I've switched to a nice
solid persona for both, called Smooth Slate.

I found a web site that doesn't display properly in the current Firefox
Nightly, and the RSS Feed for the same site shows the same properties in
Thunderbird Daily, but is OK in the Release, Beta, Aurora, and Earlybird
builds.

If it still looks the same in the next Nightly/Daily builds, I think
I'll be filing my first bug report. If it looks bad in the next Aurora
build, I will have to file a bug.

I'll have to wait for the releases to show up in my Linux distributions
update repository. Only took 2 weeks for the 13.0 versions of Firefox,
and Thunderbird. As for 13.0.1, never saw it. Don't use them anyway.

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

David Boles-2
On 7/16/2012 4:25 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 7/16/2012
> 1:17 PM:
>> On 07/16/2012 04:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> Are you ready?
>>
>> RTMs?
>>
> Release To Manufacturing
>
> Not exactly applicable but close enough.
>
>> I'll be anxiously awaiting Firefox, and Thunderbird 17.0a1. :)
>>
> heh, I've given up working too far ahead. Mostly it's just the Beta
> releases I work on.

Which is completely understandable considering your work with your
themes and your extensions.

--

  David

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 7/16/2012
1:51 PM:

> On 07/16/2012 04:25 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 7/16/2012
>> 1:17 PM:
>>> RTMs?
>>>
>> Release To Manufacturing
>>
>> Not exactly applicable but close enough.
>>
>>> I'll be anxiously awaiting Firefox, and Thunderbird 17.0a1. :)
>>>
>> heh, I've given up working too far ahead. Mostly it's just the Beta
>> releases I work on.
>>

> Got it!
>
> You develop themes, so that's understandable. I've switched to a nice
> solid persona for both, called Smooth Slate.

It's a clean background. I've taken a liking to the subtle creative
animation of the Animated Waterfall Emerald Persona, myself.

> I found a web site that doesn't display properly in the current Firefox
> Nightly, and the RSS Feed for the same site shows the same properties in
> Thunderbird Daily, but is OK in the Release, Beta, Aurora, and Earlybird
> builds.
>
> If it still looks the same in the next Nightly/Daily builds, I think
> I'll be filing my first bug report. If it looks bad in the next Aurora
> build, I will have to file a bug.

Good. It's really not as painful in doing as some make out.

> I'll have to wait for the releases to show up in my Linux distributions
> update repository. Only took 2 weeks for the 13.0 versions of Firefox,
> and Thunderbird. As for 13.0.1, never saw it. Don't use them anyway.

Yeah, it's a bit unclear what the channel process will be for TB after
17.0, though.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what David graced us with on 7/16/2012
2:17 PM:

> On 7/16/2012 4:25 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WLS graced us with on 7/16/2012
>> 1:17 PM:
>>> RTMs?
>>>
>> Release To Manufacturing
>>
>> Not exactly applicable but close enough.
>>
>>> I'll be anxiously awaiting Firefox, and Thunderbird 17.0a1. :)
>>>
>> heh, I've given up working too far ahead. Mostly it's just the Beta
>> releases I work on.
>
> Which is completely understandable considering your work with your
> themes and your extensions.

Yeah, I tried keeping the 3 channels updated for them all on Fx, Tb and
SeaMonkey but it became somewhat of a nightmare so I went to just doing
it for the Beta channel, mostly.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Tarkus-4
On 7/16/2012 3:20 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> I've taken a liking to the subtle creative animation of the Animated
> Waterfall Emerald Persona, myself.

Animated Persona?  Hmmm...

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Tarkus-4
On 7/16/2012 1:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> Are you ready?

Anything exciting?

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 7/16/2012
8:12 PM:
> On 7/16/2012 1:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> Are you ready?
>
> Anything exciting?

Other than my upgraded versions of the Simple Green and Simply Blue
themes, there are these things:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/14.0beta/releasenotes/ :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 7/16/2012
8:11 PM:
> On 7/16/2012 3:20 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> I've taken a liking to the subtle creative animation of the Animated
>> Waterfall Emerald Persona, myself.
>
> Animated Persona?  Hmmm...

It's very Zen-like. When I get exasperated over hacking code and trying
to understand the ins/outs of MacOS, sitting back and gazing upon it is
almost as reinvigorating as a cigarette break was back in the day.

Okay, not even as close but soothing, nonetheless. :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
7/16/2012 8:30 PM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 7/16/2012
> 8:12 PM:
>> On 7/16/2012 1:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> Are you ready?
>>
>> Anything exciting?
>
> Other than my upgraded versions of the Simple Green and Simply Blue
> themes, there are these things:
> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/14.0beta/releasenotes/ :)

Also, I see the last item on the release note page is a workaround to
those who hate auto-updates {snicker, snicker}

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Ant-21
On 7/16/2012 1:07 PM PT, Sailfish typed:

> Are you ready?

What time? :P
--
"Hey dad, look. I put honey on my back, and now the ants are carrying me
home." --Chris from Family Guy

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Ant graced us with on 7/16/2012
10:19 PM:
> On 7/16/2012 1:07 PM PT, Sailfish typed:
>
>> Are you ready?
>
> What time? :P

REF: http://ftp://ftp.mozilla.org//pub/firefox/releases/14.0.1/win32/en-US/

Who's to know? :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Mr. Man-wai Chang
On 17/07/2012 4:07 AM, Sailfish wrote:
> Are you ready?

Yes, Your Honor! :)

--
   @~@   Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Ant-21
On 7/16/2012 10:57 PM PT, Sailfish typed:

>>> Are you ready?
>>
>> What time? :P
>
> REF: http://ftp://ftp.mozilla.org//pub/firefox/releases/14.0.1/win32/en-US/
>
> Who's to know? :)

.1? No v14.0.0?
--
"Ladies and gentlemen, er, we've just lost the picture, but, uh, what
we've seen speaks for itself. The Corvair spacecraft has been taken

On 07/17/2012 08:20 AM, Ant wrote:

> On 7/16/2012 10:57 PM PT, Sailfish typed:

>>> What time? :P
>>
>> REF:
>> http://ftp://ftp.mozilla.org//pub/firefox/releases/14.0.1/win32/en-US/
>>
>> Who's to know? :)
>
> .1? No v14.0.0?

"Release day-eve! Firefox 14.0.1 (.0.1 to sync up with Mobile) is
scheduled to be out the door tomorrow morning (Pacific time)"

http://blog.mozilla.org/meeting-notes/archives/1005

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Tarkus-4
On 7/16/2012 8:30 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 7/16/2012
> 8:12 PM:
>> On 7/16/2012 1:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> Are you ready?
>>
>> Anything exciting?
>
> Other than my upgraded versions of the Simple Green and Simply Blue
> themes, there are these things:
> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/14.0beta/releasenotes/ :)

Thanks.  I see they adopted Chrome's Click to Play feature.  I hope it's
just as easy to whitelist sites.

Re: Firefox 14 RTMs tomorrow

Tarkus-4
On 7/16/2012 8:34 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 7/16/2012
> 8:11 PM:
>> On 7/16/2012 3:20 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> I've taken a liking to the subtle creative animation of the Animated
>>> Waterfall Emerald Persona, myself.
>>
>> Animated Persona?  Hmmm...
>
> It's very Zen-like. When I get exasperated over hacking code and trying
> to understand the ins/outs of MacOS, sitting back and gazing upon it is
> almost as reinvigorating as a cigarette break was back in the day.
>
> Okay, not even as close but soothing, nonetheless. :)

I didn't know that was possible on Personas, but I'll be checking that out.