Firefox 1.5 tab behavior

daveo-3
Hi there

Been using the previous versions, and it worked nicely where I could
have a page open, then right-click a link and "open in new tab" - such
that if there were multiple news stories, I could get multiple tabs
opened, then go to each tab as I liked.

Now when I open in a new tab, the focus changes to that tab, taking me
away from the main page.  I've looked at the tab control area, but
nothing really stands-out to fix this. Is this new to v1.5 and I'm
stuck with it, or can I revert to what I used to do?

Any tips appreciated
Thanks

Re: Firefox 1.5 tab behavior

gwtc
DaveO wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Been using the previous versions, and it worked nicely where I could
> have a page open, then right-click a link and "open in new tab" - such
> that if there were multiple news stories, I could get multiple tabs
> opened, then go to each tab as I liked.
>
> Now when I open in a new tab, the focus changes to that tab, taking me
> away from the main page.  I've looked at the tab control area, but
> nothing really stands-out to fix this. Is this new to v1.5 and I'm
> stuck with it, or can I revert to what I used to do?
>
> Any tips appreciated
> Thanks

in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

browser.tabs.loadInBackground

when found, double click on it and change it to true

Re: Firefox 1.5 tab behavior

Doug Kanter

"DaveO" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hi there
>
> Been using the previous versions, and it worked nicely where I could
> have a page open, then right-click a link and "open in new tab" - such
> that if there were multiple news stories, I could get multiple tabs
> opened, then go to each tab as I liked.
>
> Now when I open in a new tab, the focus changes to that tab, taking me
> away from the main page.  I've looked at the tab control area, but
> nothing really stands-out to fix this. Is this new to v1.5 and I'm
> stuck with it, or can I revert to what I used to do?
>
> Any tips appreciated
> Thanks

Look in Tools, Options, Advanced, Tabbed Browsing. UNselect the one that
says "Select new tabs opened from links". By "Select", the programmer meant
to say "Change focus to....". Beneath that option is a similar one dealing
with tabs opened from Bookmarks or History.