Firefox-1.5.0.1 and SSL

segv-2
Hi, I built Firefox-1.5.0.1 from NetBSD's pkgsrc on OpenSolaris, unfortunately
SSL is broken. When I start Firefox it displays a message that says:

Could not initialize the browser's cecurity component. The most likely cause is
problems with files in your browser's profile directory...

Clicking OK button then resumes Firefox, but SSL does not work. I'm trying to
track down the problem. Pkgsrc contains a large number of patches for Firefox,
maybe some of the patches contribute to this problem. Has anyone seen this
problem before and can offer any advice on what might be causing it??

PS. completely removing ~/.mozilla directory does not help either.

Re: Firefox-1.5.0.1 and SSL

Matt Nordhoff
On 02/13/06 10:26, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi, I built Firefox-1.5.0.1 from NetBSD's pkgsrc on OpenSolaris, unfortunately
> SSL is broken. When I start Firefox it displays a message that says:
>
> Could not initialize the browser's cecurity component. The most likely cause is
> problems with files in your browser's profile directory...
>
> Clicking OK button then resumes Firefox, but SSL does not work. I'm trying to
> track down the problem. Pkgsrc contains a large number of patches for Firefox,
> maybe some of the patches contribute to this problem. Has anyone seen this
> problem before and can offer any advice on what might be causing it??
>
> PS. completely removing ~/.mozilla directory does not help either.

I'd say you should ask for help from the NetBSD folks, since it's their
build...

(Crossposted to and Followup-To mozilla.support.firefox.)
--
Matt Nordhoff, aka Peng

Re: Firefox-1.5.0.1 and SSL

segv-2
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:52:47 -0500
Matt Nordhoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02/13/06 10:26, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi, I built Firefox-1.5.0.1 from NetBSD's pkgsrc on OpenSolaris,
> > unfortunately SSL is broken. When I start Firefox it displays a message
> > that says:
> >
> > Could not initialize the browser's cecurity component. The most likely
> > cause is problems with files in your browser's profile directory...
> >
> > Clicking OK button then resumes Firefox, but SSL does not work. I'm trying
> > to track down the problem. Pkgsrc contains a large number of patches for
> > Firefox, maybe some of the patches contribute to this problem. Has anyone
> > seen this problem before and can offer any advice on what might be causing
> > it??
> >
> > PS. completely removing ~/.mozilla directory does not help either.
>
> I'd say you should ask for help from the NetBSD folks, since it's their
> build...

I did, several times and nobody replied on my messages, hence I'm asking here,
to see if anybody has come across the same problem before...