Firefox 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 set for Thursday release

Firefox 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 set for Thursday release

Tim Riley-3
The Firefox 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.2 release has to be slipped a couple days
from Tuesday to Thursday due to some 1.0.8 respins.  Everything looks
good for release this Thursday March 13th.  The plan at this point is to
release the Mac Universal Binary as the default 1.5.0.2 download for
that platform.

Releases of the Mozilla Suite 1.7.13, and Thunderbird 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.2
will trail by a few days.  This is a lot to push out!

--Tim

Re: Firefox 1.0.8/1.5.0.2 set for Thursday release

Robert Kaiser
Tim Riley schrieb:
> The Firefox 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.2 release has to be slipped a couple days
> from Tuesday to Thursday due to some 1.0.8 respins.  Everything looks
> good for release this Thursday March 13th.  The plan at this point is to
> release the Mac Universal Binary as the default 1.5.0.2 download for
> that platform.
>
> Releases of the Mozilla Suite 1.7.13, and Thunderbird 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.2
> will trail by a few days.  This is a lot to push out!

Just as a note, the SeaMonkey Project is planning to release the 1.0.1
security release (based off Gecko 1.8.0.2) in sync with the Firefox
security releases, so that both you and us have fixed releases published
when the security advisories are unveiled :)

Robert Kaiser

Robert Kaiser wrote:

> Tim Riley schrieb:
>> The Firefox 1.0.8 and 1.5.0.2 release has to be slipped a couple days
>> from Tuesday to Thursday due to some 1.0.8 respins.  Everything looks
>> good for release this Thursday March 13th.  The plan at this point is
>> to release the Mac Universal Binary as the default 1.5.0.2 download
>> for that platform.
>>
>> Releases of the Mozilla Suite 1.7.13, and Thunderbird 1.0.8 and
>> 1.5.0.2 will trail by a few days.  This is a lot to push out!
>
> Just as a note, the SeaMonkey Project is planning to release the 1.0.1
> security release (based off Gecko 1.8.0.2) in sync with the Firefox
> security releases, so that both you and us have fixed releases published
> when the security advisories are unveiled :)
>
> Robert Kaiser
Excellent Robert.  I kinda figured that see the flurry of SeaMonkey
changes.  Let me know if there is any way we can stay more in sync
around project plans, communicating what bugs need approved, etc.

--Tim