Firebug internals discussion?

John J Barton
Would the readers of this newsgroup object if we started discussing
Firebug internal code here?

John.

Re: Firebug internals discussion?

Wink Saville
I would find it quite informative, please do.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 6:27 PM, John J. Barton <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Would the readers of this newsgroup object if we started discussing
> Firebug internal code here?
>
> John.

Re: Firebug internals discussion?

Justin Wood (Callek)-2
John J. Barton wrote:
> Would the readers of this newsgroup object if we started discussing
> Firebug internal code here?

Given that this is m.d.a.js-debugger and not .venkman sure, it fits.

And furthermore as a user of both venkman and firebug I do prefer
firebug of the two anyway, so the conversations will likely be enjoyable.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)

Re: Firebug internals discussion?

Richard Kramer-2
John J. Barton wrote:
> Would the readers of this newsgroup object if we started discussing
> Firebug internal code here?

Yes.

Richard

Richard Kramer wrote:
> John J. Barton wrote:
>> Would the readers of this newsgroup object if we started discussing
>> Firebug internal code here?
>
> Yes.

Richard, might I ask what the objection is?

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)

Re: Firebug internals discussion?

Andreas M-2
On 05.08.2008 03:27 John J. Barton wrote

> Would the readers of this newsgroup object if we started discussing
> Firebug internal code here?

Yes, I would. Simply, because it should be possible to ask the admins to
create a 'mozilla.apps.firebug' group. That way one can safley assume,
that the messages one wants to browse belong to the software s/he is
using. We get overdrawn by information these days, it would be nice to
have some pre-filtering by keeping newsgroups at a low signal-to-noise
ratio.

Imagine topics like these:

- Can't get things to work!
- Debugging stops halfway in my code and hangs.
- Please help a newbie
- etc.

So our good reader opens these, reads into it, just to realize, that it
was about Venkman and not about Firebug (or vice versa). As it is,
Venkman still seems to be the semi-official js-debugger for Mozilla
code, so this group should stay for Venkman.

If any of the admins in responsibility are reading this, may I kindly
ask you to think about a 'mozilla.apps.firebug' group, since I would
like that one, too. I would appreciate that.

--
Bye,
Andreas M.

http://groups.google.com/group/firebug

> that the messages one wants to browse belong to the software s/he is
> using. We get overdrawn by information these days, it would be nice to
> have some pre-filtering by keeping newsgroups at a low signal-to-noise
> ratio.

The signal to noise ratio on this group is high: mostly my posts and spam.

> Imagine topics like these:
>
> - Can't get things to work!
> - Debugging stops halfway in my code and hangs.
> - Please help a newbie
> - etc.

My proposal is to discuss 'jsd' and internal aspects of firebug. Of
course others may choose to bring up the topics you suggest.

> So our good reader opens these, reads into it, just to realize, that it
> was about Venkman and not about Firebug (or vice versa). As it is,
> Venkman still seems to be the semi-official js-debugger for Mozilla
> code, so this group should stay for Venkman.

Three people from Mozilla work on Firebug.

> If any of the admins in responsibility are reading this, may I kindly
> ask you to think about a 'mozilla.apps.firebug' group, since I would
> like that one, too. I would appreciate that.

The group here is mozilla.dev.apps.js-debugger, not .venkman.